Hacking Configurable USB Loader

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
razuraw said:
hi just tried this loader and i like the gui and the 3d covers the only thing thats bothering me is that the gui is a lot more blurry then the wii menu or even the hombrew channel. is there anything i can do make it less blurry?

Maybe try turn antialias off in config.txt?

gui_antialias = 0

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
razuraw said:
hi just tried this loader and i like the gui and the 3d covers the only thing thats bothering me is that the gui is a lot more blurry then the wii menu or even the hombrew channel. is there anything i can do make it less blurry?
also, what kind of TV do you have (lcd or crt) and which video mode do you use - is it interlaced or not (480i or 576i)?

razuraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have lcd hdtv running a pal wii at 480p with the component cables. it just looks more blurry then then the wii menu or the homebrew loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
duy64 said:
I just want to say thanks to oggzee, usptactical and all the people involved in this project, to create this amazing loader. On other thoughts, I think I just found a bug, but not too sure if it is or not.
Anyways, here is what happened, I ran the loader, but never loader any game and then turn it off using the wiimote. Everything seems fine until I turn the HDD off, that's when the wii start flashing every 5 seconds or so. As if it was searching for the HDD. If some one can confirm this, it would be great.
Thanks!!!!
I think I finally found what's causing this to happen. Do you use Preloader? If so, there appears to be a bug when using Preloader and WiiConnect24 in tandem that doesn't fully shut down the console.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
duy64 said:
I just want to say thanks to oggzee, usptactical and all the people involved in this project, to create this amazing loader. On other thoughts, I think I just found a bug, but not too sure if it is or not.
Anyways, here is what happened, I ran the loader, but never loader any game and then turn it off using the wiimote. Everything seems fine until I turn the HDD off, that's when the wii start flashing every 5 seconds or so. As if it was searching for the HDD. If some one can confirm this, it would be great.
Thanks!!!!
I think I finally found what's causing this to happen. Do you use Preloader? If so, there appears to be a bug when using Preloader and WiiConnect24 in tandem that doesn't fully shut down the console.

if Wiiconnect24 is active the power button on th ewiimote wii only sent the wii into standby(orange light on wii), to turn it off fully you must hold the power button on the wii until it turns red(full shutdown) or turn wiiconnect24 off then you can use the wiimote to fully shutdown the wii

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
Dr. Clipper said:
duy64 said:
Thanks!!!!

if Wiiconnect24 is active the power button on th ewiimote wii only sent the wii into standby(orange light on wii), to turn it off fully you must hold the power button on the wii until it turns red(full shutdown) or turn wiiconnect24 off then you can use the wiimote to fully shutdown the wii

I do use start patch 4.1, but I don't think that's the cause.
I do have bootmii, and not too sure if that is the cause.
I don't really want to turn it complete off, but just to standby and then turn off the power to the external HDD, that's when the flashing begins.
I have also found that if you go to the usb loader then just turn off your external HDD it would be flash until you turn the HDD back on.
It seems to me that the flashing occurs, because it is still looking for the external HDD which is now off during standby.
If it was completely off with the red led then no flashing at all for obvious reason.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
duy64 said:
I don't really want to turn it complete off, but just to standby and then turn off the power to the external HDD, that's when the flashing begins.
I have also found that if you go to the usb loader then just turn off your external HDD it would be flash until you turn the HDD back on.
It seems to me that the flashing occurs, because it is still looking for the external HDD which is now off during standby.
If it was completely off with the red led then no flashing at all for obvious reason.
I would have to assume that Start Patch is what is giving the error. Nobody else can reproduce your error, but the case I refer to with Preloader causing the Wii to not even enter Standby mode properly can be seen here with a thread about the problem in question here.

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I get Ghostbusters to load using All for Video Patch and ON for Anti-002, but it only works the first time. If I restart the USB loader, I can't get it to load again. Also, I can't have any accessories plugged into my Wii remote, including the Nunchuck or Motion+. Did I miss something?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
duy64 said:
I would have to assume that Start Patch is what is giving the error. Nobody else can reproduce your error, but the case I refer to with Preloader causing the Wii to not even enter Standby mode properly can be seen here with a thread about the problem in question here.

I've been using StartPatch for awhile, and while I never had this issue, I have had odd Gamecube backup launching issues with certain hacks enabled. My advice is to first remove all hacks, then go back in and just enable the necessary ones (ie: skip updates, maybe turn off BG music and health screen, and perhaps all of the "nocopy" hacks...which fix issues with copying saves to SD) and that is it. See if it fixes your problem. Great thing about StartPatch is that you can easily turn on and off hacks without issue.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Hmm...I myself have been using StartPatch (on 4.1) and I don't think I've ever had an error from turning off the drive in either case. :wtf: Maybe it's the specific drive he has somehow? I just tried to reproduce it myself, but couldn't get the Wii to blink.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little update on the Hybrid Channel:

There was a bug I had experienced (DSI crash) when loading the new dol (that can send arguments to the loader) on larger SD cards. My test cards range from 2GB up to 16GB. The 16GB card was the one I was having an issue with. Narolez took a look and forwarded me some new test dols, and it looks like the bug is squashed as far as I can see
smile.gif
I'm just waiting on his reply (I know he's busy for a few days) to obtain the updated source. And then, I will probably just wait till v44 final to be released to get it out there. What I can say right now is that passing the command to run on 249, 222, or 223 on boot is pretty darn nice
smile.gif

Argh, now a different issue that may actually have to do with CFG. Oggzee, you have a PM
wink.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
dvd-guy said:
So I get Ghostbusters to load using All for Video Patch and ON for Anti-002, but it only works the first time. If I restart the USB loader, I can't get it to load again. Also, I can't have any accessories plugged into my Wii remote, including the Nunchuck or Motion+. Did I miss something?
What IOS are you using? It sounds like 249 rev 13b to me. If so, that is why you only get one game, it is a bug in the rev 13 IOSes. Install rev 14 and you will no longer need the 002 fix and will be able to restart your games at whim.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
milcoi said:
I need a little help with bootmii:

I allready have dvdx, preloader and homebrew installed.
I dowloaded the bootmii

and now.....?

There are a lot of files inside the rar file
What's the right way to install it, I know I want it to install as boot2

thanks
I have no idea what you are talking about. BootMii uses the same process as the HBC and DVDX (unless you installed them ages ago). Try my tutorial.

Lol... I mean that i allready have a SD cart with lots of apps, is it wise to use another SD cart for only installing bootmii?
If yes... what files (from the bootmii SD) do i have to copy to my original SD after installing?
If no... what files do I have to copy to my original SD befor installing Bootmii?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
milcoi said:
Dr. Clipper said:
milcoi said:
I need a little help with bootmii:

I allready have dvdx, preloader and homebrew installed.
I dowloaded the bootmii

and now.....?

There are a lot of files inside the rar file
What's the right way to install it, I know I want it to install as boot2

thanks
I have no idea what you are talking about. BootMii uses the same process as the HBC and DVDX (unless you installed them ages ago). Try my tutorial.

Lol... I mean that i allready have a SD cart with lots of apps, is it wise to use another SD cart for only installing bootmii?
If yes... what files (from the bootmii SD) do i have to copy to my original SD after installing?
If no... what files do I have to copy to my original SD befor installing Bootmii?

You install bootmii with the hackmii installer. You would need the "bootmii" folder that this installer created on any SD card (that is compatible) that would would want to run bootmii off of.

But I have to ask why this is posted in this thread?

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
True, but this thread has the most experiance people and most online members...lol!
I will stop asking and search for a bootmii topic.

Thanks

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zektor said:
A little update on the Hybrid Channel:

There was a bug I had experienced (DSI crash) when loading the new dol (that can send arguments to the loader) on larger SD cards. My test cards range from 2GB up to 16GB. The 16GB card was the one I was having an issue with. Narolez took a look and forwarded me some new test dols, and it looks like the bug is squashed as far as I can see
smile.gif
I'm just waiting on his reply (I know he's busy for a few days) to obtain the updated source. And then, I will probably just wait till v44 final to be released to get it out there. What I can say right now is that passing the command to run on 249, 222, or 223 on boot is pretty darn nice
smile.gif

Argh, now a different issue that may actually have to do with CFG. Oggzee, you have a PM
wink.gif
Hard work with this DSI.
wink.gif
Wii developing is so frustrating
biggrin.gif

Here is the latest - real final - hybrid source: < http://github.com/Narolez/NForwarderHybrid >

Feel free to use it.

The NForwarder follows ...

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
dvd-guy said:
What IOS are you using? It sounds like 249 rev 13b to me. If so, that is why you only get one game, it is a bug in the rev 13 IOSes. Install rev 14 and you will no longer need the 002 fix and will be able to restart your games at whim.
For sure it's rev14 as installed from the Simplistic mod thread. I've even checked the global options page to verify that it's rev14. Any other thoughts?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd-guy said:
Dr. Clipper said:
dvd-guy said:
For sure it's rev14 as installed from the Simplistic mod thread. I've even checked the global options page to verify that it's rev14. Any other thoughts?

Can I ask WHY you have anti-002 on in the first place? That is designed for cIOSes earlier than rev14. Also, patching video? Not for your region?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont no why but i have Anti-002 set globaly in CFG and GX and never had a problem. if a game ever needs it i set 002= ON in game settings instead of Anti-002

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: