Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Knocks said:
Hey guys, is there a way to use the colon in a game title without using titles.txt? The reason I would prefer not to use titles.txt is because I want to have control over every game title (some titles in the database are too long).
It would seem that you want to create your own titles.txt file with just the games you want. That works just fine. Cfg also looks for the file custom-titles.txt which allows you to use a titles.txt file from WiiTDB but also to override any titles you like (i.e., custom-titles.txt has the highest title priority).

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
It would seem that you want to create your own titles.txt file with just the games you want. That works just fine. Cfg also looks for the file custom-titles.txt which allows you to use a titles.txt file from WiiTDB but also to override any titles you like (i.e., custom-titles.txt has the highest title priority).

Thanks. Can these files be placed on the USB drive itself? Moving the SD card between your Wii and PC every time you want to edit a title would be a pain, not to mention having to look up the 4-digit code for each game and then maintaining all the titles in that file in alphabetical order.

And related to this, can you tell me if any of the following play a role in how game titles are displayed in the Loader:

1) The name of game subfolders in x:\WBFS\ (for example, x:\WBFS\Battalion Wars 2 [RBWE01]\)
2) The name of the .txt file inside the subfolder (RBWE01_Battalion_Wars_2.txt)
3) The contents of the text file (RBWE01 = Battalion Wars 2)

If not, what is the actual purpose of having them there?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Knocks said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Thanks. Can these files be placed on the USB drive itself? Moving the SD card between your Wii and PC every time you want to edit a title would be a pain, not to mention having to look up the 4-digit code for each game and then maintaining all the titles in that file in alphabetical order.

And related to this, can you tell me if any of the following play a role in how game titles are displayed in the Loader:

1) The name of game subfolders in x:\WBFS\ (for example, x:\WBFS\Battalion Wars 2 [RBWE01]\)
2) The name of the .txt file inside the subfolder (RBWE01_Battalion_Wars_2.txt)
3) The contents of the text file (RBWE01 = Battalion Wars 2)

If not, what is the actual purpose of having them there?
The base folder of Cfg can indeed be on the USB, provided the USB drive has at least one FAT or NTFS partition (i.e., any drive which isn't completely WBFS). Just copy the usb-loader folder and all its contents to the drive and ensure there is no config.txt file at sd:/usb-loader/config.txt any more (delete or rename the file or directory).

The titles don't have to be in alphabetical order and the easiest way to get the ID of the game is to look at the back of the box near the barcode. You can also see the 6 character version of the ID in Cfg by checking the options page of the game.

From your list, only 1) will affect the titles of the game, but it is the second lowest priority when getting a name. From README-CFG.TXT, the precedence order for looking for titles is as follows:[*] custom-titles.txt[*] titles.txt[*] wiitdb.zip[*] directory name (FAT & NTFS only)[*] game image
The text file is there just for information so you can get the title easily. It was more important back before oggzee added titles to the directory structure.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
The base folder of Cfg can indeed be on the USB, provided the USB drive has at least one FAT or NTFS partition (i.e., any drive which isn't completely WBFS). Just copy the usb-loader folder and all its contents to the drive and ensure there is no config.txt file at sd:/usb-loader/config.txt any more (delete or rename the file or directory).

The titles don't have to be in alphabetical order and the easiest way to get the ID of the game is to look at the back of the box near the barcode. You can also see the 6 character version of the ID in Cfg by checking the options page of the game.

From your list, only 1) will affect the titles of the game, but it is the second lowest priority when getting a name. From README-CFG.TXT, the precedence order for looking for titles is as follows:[*] custom-titles.txt[*] titles.txt[*] wiitdb.zip[*] directory name (FAT & NTFS only)[*] game imageThe text file is there just for information so you can get the title easily. It was more important back before oggzee added titles to the directory structure.

Is it possible to place just titles.txt in the x:\WBFS\ directory and leave the rest of the files on the SD card? That would allow Cfg to still be launched by Homebrew Channel and other launchers as it would continue to reside in sd:\Apps\ instead of cluttering the root of the USB drive.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Narolez said:
Oggzee my friend, please take a look on this: http://gbatemp.net/t264014-black-ops-ap-pr...t&p=3253587
wtf ist that? you must load ios 224 before you start cod:bo with ios 249 base 57, otherwise multiplayer don't work ?!?
I have no idea
smile.gif

But hey at least it works.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Knocks said:
Is it possible to place just titles.txt in the x:\WBFS\ directory and leave the rest of the files on the SD card? That would allow Cfg to still be launched by Homebrew Channel and other launchers as it would continue to reside in sd:\Apps\ instead of cluttering the root of the USB drive.
You can still launch from the SD card, but once it's launched, it gets all its other data from the USB. You'll actually notice some speedups in the display of images and so on if you try it out. You only copy the usb-loader directory across. Not the apps directory. And you still need to copy it to a usb-loader directory on the USB, not the root.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Knocks said:
That's not such a bad idea but it doesn't work like that at the moment. Maybe in the future although i don't promise anything.

But, you can still run the loader from SD and have the rest of the stuff on USB.
Just leave sd:/apps/usbloader as is (but without a config.txt file, so just boot.dol and meta.xml)
And move sd:/usb-loader to usb:/usb-loader
That's it.

EDIT: ah, beaten to the minute by Clipper (again)

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok I have the Configurable USB loader and want to play games from a FAT32 HDD
I have files on it I don't want to lose so I now you have to split a game in 2 - 2GB or 4 - 1 GB files
I have a mac so I use Darwine to use Windows Apps so I split my wii game in a .wbfs and .wbf1(wii backup manager doesn't see those files:S) file with the wii backup manager but I can't put them In a drive (I tested it on a USB ) so what to do

Place my wii games on a windows PC ??
What about the HDD ?? I don't want to lose those files (P.s what can happen with those files if I just put the wii games on the HDD)
Why can't the wii backup manger see .wbf1 files if the program makes them itself ??

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Narolez said:
Oggzee my friend, please take a look on this: http://gbatemp.net/t264014-black-ops-ap-pr...t&p=3253587
wtf ist that? you must load ios 224 before you start cod:bo with ios 249 base 57, otherwise multiplayer don't work ?!?
I have no idea
smile.gif

But hey at least it works.

oggzee:
Could it be that if you choose to load a game with another IOS rather than the IOS that the loader uses there could be some memory reseting thingy that is done, or something like that.
Whats the main differents when a game is loaded that not uses the loaders already loaded ios (of course the game uses another ios but whats more to it).

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Knocks said:
That's not such a bad idea but it doesn't work like that at the moment. Maybe in the future although i don't promise anything.

But, you can still run the loader from SD and have the rest of the stuff on USB.
Just leave sd:/apps/usbloader as is (but without a config.txt file, so just boot.dol and meta.xml)
That's it.

EDIT: ah, beaten to the minute by Clipper (again)
I thought I'd givie this a try also, but cannot get this working. I've copied the USB-Loader directory to the root usb drive (ntfs), renamed the one on sd:\ and ran CFG from the sd:\apps\usbloader directory. It's not picking up anything in the usb-loader directory on usb. It will detect the games fine once I set the partition, but no themes, covers, or anything from the config.txt...actually on the first screen where it's asking to choose the wbfs directory, it's showing cfg base as sd:\cfg-loader. What am I doing wrong?

Got it working. Had to pretty much rename every file and folder that had any caps in the name to lowercase.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2cents
CoD Bo
Ok with 224v4 and 249v20 I can get online and play in zombie but not regular multiplayer, game disc is not retail any ideas if not just happy to be able to play on my end.
Update , this is how I got online to work for me : I used 249v20 in slot 250 the with my original profile then I created a new profile and multiplayer worked. Now that might be to many steps but if someone finds a easy way to do it please let me know I'd b happy to try it after work enjoy everyone

maceds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with Sonic Colours(Pal) and USB Loader GX
I used USB loader GX with the latest Cios and the game played smoothly until i got to the 3rd Act of Tropical Island. The level wont load ,the music stops and the screen goes black after about 10 seconds. After a few tries, I started a new game and used Gamma r9 to load the game this time and nothing changed? Is there a fix for this?

T

TheRealVisitor

maceds said:
I have a problem with Sonic Colours(Pal) and USB Loader GX
I used USB loader GX with the latest Cios and the game played smoothly until i got to the 3rd Act of Tropical Island. The level wont load ,the music stops and the screen goes black after about 10 seconds. After a few tries, I started a new game and used Gamma r9 to load the game this time and nothing changed? Is there a fix for this?

This thread is about Configurable USB Loader. The game runs fine with it. Use lates CFG and cIOSrev20b.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
You can still launch from the SD card, but once it's launched, it gets all its other data from the USB. You'll actually notice some speedups in the display of images and so on if you try it out. You only copy the usb-loader directory across. Not the apps directory. And you still need to copy it to a usb-loader directory on the USB, not the root.

That helps, but I just think that's a little disorienting to have files from one app to be spread among different drives. Just an index file for titles is OK, but it gets unorganized otherwise.

QUOTE(oggzee @ Nov 10 2010, 05:09 AM) But, you can still run the loader from SD and have the rest of the stuff on USB.
That's it.

Hi oggzee, long time no see.
smile.gif
I think that the location of the ISOs is also a logical location for the index. Maybe you can add usb:\WBFS\ as another location for Cfg to look for titles.txt, and I'll coordinate with fig2k4 to add support for that location in Wii Backup Manager?

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it appears that the same problems that are preventing .mod sound files to play in some versions, may also be causing or related to the problems with Call of Duty Black Ops.

I've tested the standard 249 versions of: cfg60, cfg61a, cfg61a2, cfg61a3, cfg61b, cfg61b2, cfg61t1, and cfg61t2.

As with the .mod sound file issue, only cfg60 and cfg61t1 are working properly for this situation.

With cfg60 and cfg61t1, I'm able to play all modes (singleplayer, mutiplayer, zombie) fine with the following configuations:

CFG = cIOSx 249 v20 base 57 | Game = cIOSx 249 v20 base 57
CFG = cIOSx 249 v20 base 56 | Game = cIOSx 250 v20 base 57
CFG = cIOSx 249 v20 base 56 | Game = Hermes cIOS 224 v5.1 base 57
CFG = cIOSx 249 v20 base 56 | Game = Hermes cIOS 223 v5.1 base 57

Using anything other than cfg60 or cfg61t1 and the above combinations, singleplayer works, but the other two modes don't load.

Hopefully this will be helpful to the devs and to others having trouble with the game.

* I did not test with CFG-222 versions, versions under v60, or other versions of Waninkoko or Hermes installers besides what's listed above.

Chebico

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
buddy said:
So it appears that the same problems that are preventing .mod sound files to play in some versions, may also be causing or related to the problems with Call of Duty Black Ops.

I've tested the standard 249 versions of: cfg60, cfg61a, cfg61a2, cfg61a3, cfg61b, cfg61b2, cfg61t1, and cfg61t2.

As with the .mod sound file issue, only cfg60 and cfg61t1 are working properly for this situation.

With cfg60 and cfg61t1, I'm able to play all modes (singleplayer, mutiplayer, zombie) fine with the following configuations:

CFG = cIOSx 249 v20 base 57 | Game = cIOSx 249 v20 base 57
CFG = cIOSx 249 v20 base 56 | Game = cIOSx 250 v20 base 57
CFG = cIOSx 249 v20 base 56 | Game = Hermes cIOS 224 v5.1 base 57
CFG = cIOSx 249 v20 base 56 | Game = Hermes cIOS 223 v5.1 base 57

Using anything other than cfg60 or cfg61t1 and the above combinations, singleplayer works, but the other two modes don't load.

Hopefully this will be helpful to the devs and to others having trouble with the game.

* I did not test with CFG-222 versions, versions under v60, or other versions of Waninkoko or Hermes installers besides what's listed above.

I can also confirm this!
I reverted back to v60 release and its all working great without having to load another ios.
It also stops the game from crashing my wii when i tried returning to sys menu.

thanks!

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can confirm regarding COD: Black Ops working (single, multi & zombie) with Configurable USB Loader v60 ... Loader launched with Hermes cIOS 222 v4 38 merged 37 ... Game launched with Waninkoko 249 rev19 Base 57 ... on 4.2E

I was having trouble in multi connecting to server (endless connecting cycle), making a second profile and using that fixed the problem/bug.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A