Apple Complete iOS Jailbreak Guide

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What does RC6 brings? only emulators and Apple TV? What emulator?
tongue.gif

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RC5 brought problems when it came to emulators (I think crashing, there are a few topics with people who had this problem). RC6 fixes those issues.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Emergency!!
after doing this: Preserving the iPhone 4 GSM model baseband on the guide, I cant restore my phone anymore.
I dont wana jailbreak it since my home button is acting weird and I wana take it to apple.
I found this http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itunes-error...4-to-ios-4.2.1/
but not sure if that will work in order to restore it completely and have warranty.
any help?
bow.gif

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
Emergency!!
after doing this: Preserving the iPhone 4 GSM model baseband on the guide, I cant restore my phone anymore.
I dont wana jailbreak it since my home button is acting weird and I wana take it to apple.
but not sure if that will work in order to restore it completely and have warranty.
any help?
bow.gif
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Unfortunately, I'd expect Apple to give you back an iPhone with an updated baseband.
frown.gif

If you'd still like to try to preserve the baseband... Follow the same steps as provided in the "Preserving the iPhone 4 GSM model baseband" section, but instead of restoring to iOS 4.2.1, try performing a DFU restore (I know your Home button's acting funny, but I hope it can do that...
unsure.gif
) to iOS 4.1 instead.

When the restore finishes, it will return an error. Kick it out of Recovery Mode with TinyUmbrella, and it ought to be fine now.

P.S.- I don't mean to spread FUD, but it's possible that Apple's looking out for odd baseband versions (due to the 6.15.00 unlock trick for the iPhone 3G/3GS).

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
C175R said:
Emergency!!
any help?
bow.gif
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Unfortunately, I'd expect Apple to give you back an iPhone with an updated baseband.
frown.gif

If you'd still like to try to preserve the baseband... Follow the same steps as provided in the "Preserving the iPhone 4 GSM model baseband" section, but instead of restoring to iOS 4.2.1, try performing a DFU restore (I know your Home button's acting funny, but I hope it can do that...
unsure.gif
) to iOS 4.1 instead.

When the restore finishes, it will return an error. Kick it out of Recovery Mode with TinyUmbrella, and it ought to be fine now.

P.S.- I don't mean to spread FUD, but it's possible that Apple's looking out for odd baseband versions (due to the 6.15.00 unlock trick for the iPhone 3G/3GS).
I just restore it with other computer and it worked. I have the original baseband now tho.
not like I care since I have attt tho..
nyanya.gif

but now the home button is acting less weird than before. now I gotta feeling apple is not gona do anything about it since they would be like its not a major problem blah blah blah =[

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a weird problem with an iPod touch... It looks like if the home button gets pressed randomly, even if I'm not touching the screen. This also seems to happen if the device gets moved in a certain way.
Anyone know how to fix this, except going to Apple? (I've tried updating the firmware, not restoring, and it didn't work).

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
I'm having a weird problem with an iPod touch... It looks like if the home button gets pressed randomly, even if I'm not touching the screen. This also seems to happen if the device gets moved in a certain way.
Anyone know how to fix this, except going to Apple? (I've tried updating the firmware, not restoring, and it didn't work).
Is it jailbroken? If it is, you may have Activator installed.

Also, does anyone know if there is a fix for psx4all on the latest greenpois0n?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
Try restoring then...
rolleyes.gif

As Son of Science said, it could be a problem with Acitvator (or Mobile Substrate in general). Try checking if it doesn't happen in Safe Mode.

QUOTE(Son of Science @ Feb 21 2011, 03:53 PM) Also, does anyone know if there is a fix for psx4all on the latest greenpois0n?
Yup; greenpois0n RC6 fixed the emulator issues.

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
metamaster said:
Try restoring then...
rolleyes.gif

As Son of Science said, it could be a problem with Acitvator (or Mobile Substrate in general). Try checking if it doesn't happen in Safe Mode.

QUOTE(Son of Science @ Feb 21 2011, 03:53 PM) Also, does anyone know if there is a fix for psx4all on the latest greenpois0n?
No, RC6 fixed the GBA emu issue. The PSX issue is new with RC6

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Son of Science said:
Dialexio said:
metamaster said:
Try restoring then...
rolleyes.gif

RC6.1 was released recently, try that.

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Son of Science said:
Dialexio said:
metamaster said:
Try restoring then...
rolleyes.gif

RC6.1 was released recently, try that.
Nope, I'm on the latest jailbreak. Is it working for you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ