Apple Complete iOS Jailbreak Guide

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a curiosity question; has anyone ever jailbroken, then unjailbroken their device and then turn it in to Apple under their warranty with or without a problem? Basically, I want to know is if Apple ever found out.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
em2241992 said:
I got a curiosity question; has anyone ever jailbroken, then unjailbroken their device and then turn it in to Apple under their warranty with or without a problem? Basically, I want to know is if Apple ever found out.
If you perform a DFU restore, it's as if you're starting on a 100% clean slate. (In other words, there won't be a trace of the jailbreak for Apple to find.
smile.gif
) Of course, DFU restores can't take care of funny baseband versions on iPhones though...

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dialexio said:
em2241992 said:
If you perform a DFU restore, it's as if you're starting on a 100% clean slate. (In other words, there won't be a trace of the jailbreak for Apple to find.
smile.gif
) Of course, DFU restores can't take care of funny baseband versions on iPhones though...

Well sort of.
I was at the apple store in Westfield, London and there a guy there with a clearly jailbroken ipad. When he got to the "Genius Bar" he merely told the guy there that he had received it as a gift and the person he had gotten it from did the jailbreak and not him (basically he acted like he didn't know what it was). Anyways They determined that his problem was hardware based and gave him a replacement device free of charge.

Note: Both Cydia and [Redacted] were clearly visible on the springboard. However no Cydia Tweaks were visible.
Note2: I was sitting right next to the guy getting my replacement itouch 3g

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have just jailbroken my iPhone 4 which is 4.2.1 I am worried because when rebooting (apple logo) there is a circular loading thingy that appears and it gets stuck there. I would like to add that I had not activated my iPhone 4 before jailbreaking it (I did not insert a sim card yet ), it still had the "connect to iTunes" logo. I would like to get help on what I am supposed to do now that its been approx 20mins and the iPhone did not boot, please. Forgot to mention I used redsn0w

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You just need to perform a tethered boot with redsn0w. Follow the same steps you used to jailbreak, but check the "Just boot tethered right now" box.

rstether1.png

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you very much for replying, now the only problem I have before being able to try to boot tethered is being able to have it OFF when plugged into my PC, because it is stuck on the apple logo

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The same steps apply: Hold down the power and home button for 10 seconds, then release the power button and keep holding the home button until your computer recognizes your iPhone. Then boot tethered.
You have to do this every time you turn your iPhone off completely; it is a consequence of being tethered.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
alidsl said:
I love the way it's not being released because you can't see the wi-fi icon
rofl2.gif

Glad it's going to be released soon
smile.gif
Seems like a big thing to be missing to me. I kinda like to know when my iPod is connected to the internet.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the guide to make it easier to navigate. There's a right arrow pointing to jailbreak solutions that work with the latest devices on the latest firmware.

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
I need to restore my ipod touch because cydia isnt working the way it should. If I restore will all my games, music will get deleted? Also will my firmware get updated? Im currently on 4.1 on an ipod touch 4

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
richardsito said:
I need to restore my ipod touch because cydia isnt working the way it should. If I restore will all my games, music will get deleted? Also will my firmware get updated? Im currently on 4.1 on an ipod touch 4

Did you save you SHSH blobs for iOS 4.1?

Your music won't get deleted since iTunes makes a backup of it.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
richardsito said:
QUOTE said:
Did you save you SHSH blobs for iOS 4.1?

wtf is that?

QUOTEYour music won't get deleted since iTunes makes a backup of it.

what about the games and apps?
did you use tinyumbrella to save SHSH or cydia "make my life easer"??

and yes itunes will backup apps if you say so

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
richardsito said:
No, I've never used tinyumbrella.

Will my itouch firmware be updated if i restore?

I dont want to update 4.2 and use a tethered jb method.
first of, you need to get the .ipsw you want to restore at felixbruns.de

download it and on itunes shift and click restore

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
alidsl said:
I love the way it's not being released because you can't see the wi-fi icon
rofl2.gif

Glad it's going to be released soon
smile.gif
Seems like a big thing to be missing to me. I kinda like to know when my iPod is connected to the internet.
I would get anal about it too, but it seems kind of unrelated...

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hi. i just got a ipod tocuh (I think is second generation since its 8gb) and its on 4.2.1. version mc086LL (8C148)
is there any jailbreak for it? or a way to downgrade it?

iPod touch

* iPod touch 1G
* iPod touch 2G old bootrom
* iPod touch 2G new bootrom (up to, and including, 4.1)
* iPod touch 3G (up to, and including, 4.2.1)
NOTE: There is NO such thing as an "8 GB iPod touch 3G." It is an iPod touch 2G with a newer bootrom.
* iPod touch 4G (up to, and including, 4.2.1)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For wut