iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slave said:
Cool! Merci dude! ;-)

But what d'you mean by I can update, since there's always a thethered JB?

if the iPad comes with latest 4.2.1, why update? I dont really understand...

Let me break it down.

>You buy the iPad.
>It comes with the laters iOS version (to this date it is iOS 4.2.1)
>You can always jailbreak no matter the version since there is a bootrom exploit. And the bootrom cannot be changed once it leaves Apple's factories.

Do you understand now?

Also, FRENCH?!?!?
ohnoes.png

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
iFish said:
Let me break it down.

>You buy the iPad.
>You can always jailbreak no matter the version since there is a bootrom exploit. And the bootrom cannot be changed once it leaves Apple's factories.

Do you understand now?

Also, FRENCH?!?!?
ohnoes.png

Bah oui, Montreal Est ici
wink.gif

But yeah I understood that... its just the next post that was a bit confusing... but it's cool :-)

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slave said:
iFish said:
Let me break it down.

>You buy the iPad.

Do you understand now?

Also, FRENCH?!?!?
ohnoes.png

Bah oui, Montreal Est ici
wink.gif

But yeah I understood that... its just the next post that was a bit confusing... but it's cool :-)

Fun-Fact about iFish: He cannot speak French.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
haha ok :-) I took the chance, says you're from MTL also...

But yeah I'm going to get an iPad soon, thing is I really dont care much about the feature it has, net... I got a PC... and I dont usually browse the net when I eat at a resto that has wifi... I'm not one of those apple hippies that goes into a café just so they can use their Macbook and shit... reading ebooks... well I couldve gotten a kindle or android tablet... but ipad does it... ipad also does gaming... and God are the games nice... well... a whole bunch of them... and movies... yeah ok I have a 42inch HD blueray home theatre... which I'll probably use more than the ipad for movies... there there's all the apps, GPS and what not that really pleases me... so really yeah... it all comes down to 3rd party Apps and games... but the fucking pad is so expensive I dont feel like paying for more of the stuf I want... hence the JB :-)

ibrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i been having problems with redsn0w every time its jailbreaking and it's about to finish it always
crashes on the uploading ramdisk. im using the vista version and 4.2.1

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dialexio said:
For Vista and later, you need to run redsn0w as an administrator, and use Compatibility Mode (for Windows XP SP2).

Would it make a difference if I were to Windows XP SP3 since I don't have an option for Windows XP SP2 for some unknown reason

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Question for the Redsn0w JB:

I havent JB yet, I dont have my iPad yet, I'm just reading to make sure I understand everything but there's one thing I'm not sure about:

Says in the instruction to "Just boot Tethered Right Now" I need to do this EVERYTIME I reboot my iPad... thats means, once it's jailbroken, and I installed my games and apps... i'l Always have to plug it into my pc and boot it in tethered mode everytimes I want to use it??? Or only when I want to install stuff?

Thanks!

ibrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
For Vista and later, you need to run redsn0w as an administrator, and use Compatibility Mode (for Windows XP SP2)
i have done that and it still crashes for no reason. help anyone.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Slave said:
Question for the Redsn0w JB:

I havent JB yet, I dont have my iPad yet, I'm just reading to make sure I understand everything but there's one thing I'm not sure about:

Says in the instruction to "Just boot Tethered Right Now" I need to do this EVERYTIME I reboot my iPad... thats means, once it's jailbroken, and I installed my games and apps... i'l Always have to plug it into my pc and boot it in tethered mode everytimes I want to use it??? Or only when I want to install stuff?

Thanks!
You only need to use the "tethered boot" option when you need to reboot. Usually, installing stuff does not require a reboot.

ibrawl said:
QUOTEFor Vista and later, you need to run redsn0w as an administrator, and use Compatibility Mode (for Windows XP SP2)
i have done that and it still crashes for no reason. help anyone.
There's no need to bump a stickied thread.
wink.gif
Do you have the latest version of iTunes? If not try updating it. (Worst case scenario, you may need to restore.)

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dialexio said:
You only need to use the "tethered boot" option when you need to reboot. Usually, installing stuff does not require a reboot.

But... Rebooting... for me... is when I shut down the device... and turn it back on later when I feel like playing on it... its confusing to say you Only need to use the Thethered boot when you reboot... because I will be shutting the device down and turning it back on quite a lot...

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have an iPad w fw3.2.2, already jailbroken, would like to take advantage of the new features of 4.2.1 and remain jailbroken, could someone please lead me in the right direction. Thanx for ur time

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Slave: You only have to do that when you turn it off completly (or you lose power). That's why it's called a tethered jailbreak, because you have to tether your device to a computer to boot it. You can also wait for a new untethered jailbreak to be released, which should happen pretty soon (untethered means that you can turn it off and back on).

@fullstrength: You will have to use a tethered jailbreak. So that means Redsn0w. Or, as I mentionned above, you can just wait for a new jailbreak to be released.

I have an jailbroken iPad on 4.2.1, and it's really not that bad to be tethered. It would be much worse if it were an iPhone.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So this is what I was saying...everytime I will shutdown the iPad when I'm done using it, I will need to plug it back in the computer to turn it back on? thats kinda unproductive... what if I'm not home and want to turn it on?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...Well in that case you don't jailbreak and wait for an untether to be released. The jailbreak devs don't do this to annoy us, but to not waste another exploit. Not to mention that jailbreaks take time to make, even with a new exploit.

By the way, to turn it back on, you need to put your iPad in DFU mode and rejailbreak it with the "Just boot tethered" option in Redsn0w, not just plug it back in and boot. Since that is a bit long, the Dev Team made a way to make a shortcut which points to your firmware and to where you put Redsn0w. It takes me about one minute to turn on my iPad. It's really not that much.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If I do not boot in thethered mode, what happens? Can I just use the apps installed in it? Browse the net? Play games I installed on it when it was jailbroken?

:-) And Thank for putting up with my n00bness, I know its not easy sometimes but it's always very appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I regret saying it :cry:
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: l8er guys ..................... 🚪
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Later too...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn @Xdqwerty chasing off users like a Juan
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Welcome to the internet! Lol
    +1
    He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog? Hilarious! Your uncle beating your dog then making you watch him molest it? Kinda ehhhh drama lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do people hate seasons 20 and 23 of south park?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores, like every game has a negative rating, even though they are good games.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    With south park, they speak the truth, whether people like it or not, then peeps get they're panties in a bunch.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    See ya later fr
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Later gator
    +2
  • G @ GamerGatorDoesTech:
    @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa
    +1
  • Shgofc @ Shgofc:
    if i think i exist, then, i dont exi...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed...