Apple Complete iOS Jailbreak Guide

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends if you have a new or an old bootrom, you can also find that in the guide (it really is a great guide). If you have an old bootrom, you can use ultrasn0w directly. Otherwise, you have to update the baseband.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Your ability to use ultrasn0w depends on the baseband installed, not your device's bootrom.
wink.gif

A method to unlock baseband 5.14.02 will probably surface when Apple blocks using baseband 6.15.00 on iPhones.

mario41001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if i want to jailbreak my ipad on version 4.2.1 with redsn0w it can only be a tethered jailbreak? Is there a way to not make it tethered?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can wait for a new untethered jailbreak to be released (it should come pretty soon), although it might require 3.2.2 shsh blobs.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
mario41001 said:
So if i want to jailbreak my ipad on version 4.2.1 with redsn0w it can only be a tethered jailbreak? Is there a way to not make it tethered?
No exploits to make it untethered yet. Having a tethered jailbreak isn't as bad as one may think it is, though.

QUOTE(metamaster @ Dec 4 2010, 03:13 PM) You can wait for a new untethered jailbreak to be released (it should come pretty soon), although it might require 3.2.2 shsh blobs.
It will not require 3.2.2 blobs. iOS 4 contained some behind the scenes updates that will improve system performance so using bootloaders from iOS 3.x won't work with 4.x.

mario41001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I did the tethered jailbreak and a untethered jailbreak gets released later could I be able to upgrade to untethered? And if i reboot will it be just cydia that wont work unless i reconnect it?

Sorry for the noobie questions
tongue.gif

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
mario41001 said:
So if I did the tethered jailbreak and a untethered jailbreak gets released later could I be able to upgrade to untethered? And if i reboot will it be just cydia that wont work unless i reconnect it?

Sorry for the noobie questions
tongue.gif
yeh, when the unteathered jailbreak gets released just run it and your unteathered FOREVA
tongue.gif

in unteathered, when you reboot the iDevice you are still jailbroken unlike teathered jailbreaks

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question: what does itunes mean when it says "Cannot backup the ipod "device name" as the backup is corrupt or does not belong to the device. Please delete the backup amd try again"

Its like the second its said that 2 me n i've restored onto fresh backup i.e. Start as new device - and it still saying it to me.
A little help please

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I want to unlock my iPhone 3GS (4.1, 5.14.02 baseband, new bootrom). Is it ok to jailbreak with Greenpoison (or any other JB tool) and then unlock with redsn0w? Or is it better to both jailbreak and unlock with redsn0w?

Basically, what is the "best" combination of JB and unlock tools?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
I want to unlock my iPhone 3GS (4.1, 5.14.02 baseband, new bootrom). Is it ok to jailbreak with Greenpoison (or any other JB tool) and then unlock with redsn0w? Or is it better to both jailbreak and unlock with redsn0w?

Basically, what is the "best" combination of JB and unlock tools?
An unlock method for baseband 5.14.02 hasn't been released yet, unless you intend to upgrade your baseband to 6.15.00 (again, not recommended for the faint of heart). If you wish to use baseband 6.15.00, you might as well use redsn0w to both jailbreak and install baseband 6.15.00.

Don't forget that ultrasn0w needs to be installed from Cydia!
wink.gif

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is the jailbreak for PwnageTool iphone 4 tethered?
I dont have mac but maybe I'll go to my friends house to do it if its not tethered.
also is there any news about when the redsn0w is gona get an update so it won't be tethered anymore for the iphone 4?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
C175R said:
I dont have mac but maybe I'll go to my friends house to do it if its not tethered.
also is there any news about when the redsn0w is gona get an update so it won't be tethered anymore for the iphone 4?

You can just use redsn0w on your PC to jailbreak it
smile.gif

For now it will be tethered.

But both the iPhone Dev-Team AND Comex has an exploit. So, in the near future it will be untethered.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
C175R said:

smile.gif

But both the iPhone Dev-Team AND Comex has an exploit. So, in the near future it will be untethered.
but if I use PwnageTool, will it be tethered or untethered? cause it doesn't say anything on the guide if it is or not...
unsure.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
C175R said:
iFish said:
C175R said:

smile.gif

but if I use PwnageTool, will it be tethered or untethered? cause it doesn't say anything on the guide if it is or not...
unsure.gif

Tethered.
nyanya.gif

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
C175R said:
iFish said:
C175R said:

smile.gif

unsure.gif

Tethered.
nyanya.gif
greenpois0n, limera1n, PwnageTool, and redsn0w will perform an untethered jailbreak (on iOS 4.1) for the iPhone 4.

redsn0w will perform a tethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1 for the iPhone 4.

I'll be updating the guide shortly to use colors to mark tethered jailbreaks to avoid future confusion.
smile.gif

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
iFish said:
C175R said:
iFish said:
C175R said:

smile.gif

unsure.gif

Tethered.
nyanya.gif
greenpois0n, limera1n, PwnageTool, and redsn0w will perform an untethered jailbreak (on iOS 4.1) for the iPhone 4.

redsn0w will perform a tethered jailbreak on iOS 4.2.1 for the iPhone 4.

I'll be updating the guide shortly to use colors to mark tethered jailbreaks to avoid future confusion.
smile.gif
Oo Ok. thanks. thats what I wanted to know
smile.gif

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think apple is getting a little lazy.
I received yet another replacement itouch from the apple store and after all this time tinyumbrella was still able to backup my SHSH for 4.1, so the window ain't quite yet closed for those who haven't done so yet.

RodPN

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Awesome, I love this site, and it's user more every day.

But I have a question. If I have a new iPod touch 4th generation, do I just have to follow the greenpois0n jailbreak tutorial and that's it everything else is done from Cydia? I don't have to do anything else?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on your firmware. If you're on 4.1, yes. If you're on 4.2.1, the jailbreak will be tethered and you'll have to use redsn0w, not greenpois0n (tethered as in you need to plug in your iPod in a computer and rejailbreak every time you want to turn it on)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush::D