Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
...And the guide has been updated accordingly.
smile.gif

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you guys got the jailbreak copy for 4.2b? Haha, just want to try the feautures of 4.2.

+ Is it alright if i could participate in finding bugs in the new fw and posting them up?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
Do you guys got the jailbreak copy for 4.2b? Haha, just want to try the feautures of 4.2.

+ Is it alright if i could participate in finding bugs in the new fw and posting them up?

Um...I don't think there is a need ot post the bug in this thread.

Since Dialexio isn't on Apple's Dev List and has no access to the betas.

I have Access to them, But no iDevices at the moment.

So, my answer is going to be a no.

Sorry.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My iPad seems to lag because of the jailbreak on games.... Is this normal/how can I fix this?
Also, a few random questions:

When jailbreaking with sn0wbreeze, it asks you what size to make the root partiton, what is the best size per device?

Between all the jailbreaking options, which is the best to use now (regardless if restoring is necessary)?

If someone were to pack an api with ifunbox, would it be encrypted?

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
My iPad seems to lag because of the jailbreak on games.... Is this normal/how can I fix this?
Also, a few random questions:

When jailbreaking with sn0wbreeze, it asks you what size to make the root partiton, what is the best size per device?

Between all the jailbreaking options, which is the best to use now (regardless if restoring is necessary)?

If someone were to pack an api with ifunbox, would it be encrypted?
It is certainly possible that some tweaks from Cydia might make your iPad slower.

Usually, for PwnageTool/sn0wbreeze I leave the root partition size as-is. There's no reason for most people to increase it. (Increasing the root partition size shrinks the user partition, so there will be less space for apps, music, videos, etc.)

I'd say the best jailbreak options are greenpois0n, PwnageTool, redsn0w, and sn0wbreeze.

Lastly, I think (and hope) that the IPA generated with i-FunBox contains Apple's DRM.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A new version of redsn0w (0.9.6b3) has been released! It eliminates iOS 4.0.x support in favor of 4.2.1 support, and also allows you to install custom bundles!

I will not update the guide to reflect this particular version yet, because most people should not have their hands on developer firmwares. Not to mention, the included version of Cydia doesn't work with 4.2.1.
wink.gif

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The guide has been updated to reflect iOS 4.2.1... and now mentions redsn0w 0.9.6b3! Note that 4.2.1 is tethered on newer devices.

Like most updates, iOS 4.2.1 does contain a baseband update, so avoid upgrading if you depend on an unlock!

EDIT: Quick reminder: The version of Cydia that comes with redsn0w 0.9.6b3 is NOT compatible with 4.2.x yet!

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparentaly, you can jailbreak with PwnageTool, making your device (don't think all of them are surpported) semi-tethered.
What is semi-tethered anyway?

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
metamaster said:
Apparentaly, you can jailbreak with PwnageTool, making your device (don't think all of them are surpported) semi-tethered.
What is semi-tethered anyway?

Semi-tethered - midway between tethered and untethered
biggrin.gif

No killing plz (Got fukd by my teach at skool 2day 4 no apparant reason) - need a bit of a cheer up

Speaking of cheer ups - the iphone dev team site has been updated bout 15mins ago (as of now) with some pretty gd/helpful info bout 4.2 jailbreak n stuff. Peeps should chk it out as it explains a lot of things

(btw semi-thethered means that ur device will boot but to use it props (JB style) u gotta run the jailbreak again. So u can reboot but not use the jailbreak "properties" as such until u take it 2 a comp and re-jailbreak - if my memory serves my correctly)

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its better this way:

The iphone dev team have updated their website with the latest version of redsn0w for Mac and Windows to jailbreak 4.2.1. Read the whole post to see if your device is tethered or untethered

And lastly - enjoy your jailbreak

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Time is serioisly starting to run out to save your SHSH blobs for 4.1, it can still be done (as of today).
I was saving the SHSH for 4.2.1 and tinyumbrella made a backup of my 4.1 SHSH files so there's still some time. The window hasn't closed yet. BUT GET THEM SAVED REAL SOON BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT - IF YOU HAVN'T DONE IT YET

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Last job Ancient went to, he got fired for drinking on the job. +1