OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
I recently got an iPhone 4 on firmware 4.1 and baseband 2.10.4 OFFICIALLY UNLOCKED by Apple. Just wondering, is it possible to dump the firmware and restore it to other iPhones which are locked and still waiting for an unlock?
Nope; Apple's unlock is device-specific.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering what you recommended for a iPod 3G 32GB? I want to jailbreak it but I am not sure which one to choose. I tried but I could not get on DFU mode. I did it once but I couldn't repeat it. When I tried it also wouldn't boot back up for a while until I figured how to reset so I don't want to risk it. Want to get the safest recommendation and etc.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Flash.

I recommend Greenpois0n.

But if you cannot do a proper DFU you really shouldn't be jailbreaking. Since DFU is the easy part.

But if you still want to go through with this go with Greenpois0n.

Greenpois0n will walk you through the DFU. Very simple.

Good luck

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I feel that knowing how to enter DFU Mode is essential for jailbreaking, since that's how you can thoroughly restore your iPod, downgrade, and utilize many jailbreak programs. But if you insist on not using DFU Mode, the newest jailbreak you can use is Star (which will only work on iOS 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and 4.0 for your iPod).

If you want to jailbreak iOS 4.1, I suggest using PwnageTool or greenpois0n. They will aid you through the steps to enter DFU Mode.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone who jailbreaks should also know how to force shutdown (hold power and home for 10 seconds simultaneously). You never know when your device might freeze. You can also get out of DFU mode with this.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's better for me to see a video of somebody using greenpois0n and getting into DFU mode. When I tried it I felt greenpois0n was going to fast.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FlashX007 said:
It's better for me to see a video of somebody using greenpois0n and getting into DFU mode. When I tried it I felt greenpois0n was going to fast.

You can look at my redsn0w video. It shows how to get into DFU.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
Well, in my expeirience, greenposion doesnt need to have the exact time to put it in DFU, i always put my DFU like 15 seconds before the last step, so hmm.

I think he means the steps go by to fast
tongue.gif

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ok, my mum has an iphone 3G, she mentions that it's getting slow and i've decided i'll help her do a clean install of 3.1.2, i wonder, how do i restore without loseing apps ect and also would the number of apps affect speed?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dter ic said:
ok, my mum has an iphone 3G, she mentions that it's getting slow and i've decided i'll help her do a clean install of 3.1.2, i wonder, how do i restore without loseing apps ect and also would the number of apps affect speed?

Even if she wanted to downgrade, You can't without your SHSH anyway.

And you would basically have to start fresh. Which in my honest opinion is better anyway.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
iFish said:
Dter ic said:

Even if she wanted to downgrade, You can't without your SHSH anyway.

And you would basically have to start fresh. Which in my honest opinion is better anyway.
well i have SHSH saved just in case. so yup i downgraded sucessfully and now i'll see if she wants to start fresh or from backup

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
metamaster said:
So, in the end, which is better, Greenpois0n or Limera1n?

greenpois0n - even though it was delayed and uses the same exploit as limra1n
limera1n is just tooo bug filled.

but the new redsn0w is good enough on its own anyways (uses the same limra1n exploit so works on idevices above 2g now)

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
alidsl said:
The only problem with redsn0w is that music crashes after syncing, it's not that bad though cause it works if you open it again

What device are u using with that going on? That never happened with mine since i JB with redsn0w.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I though you already knew about my 3ds tho