Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello to all mac users
wink.gif

For your information, Wiimm made a new version of his command line tool "wwt" that is giving great speed on our Mac computers !
You'll have to compile the tool by your own for now, but once an updated version of WiiJManager Multiplatform will be available, you'll just have to get this
wink.gif

The great thing with wwt is that it supports .wdf files (this format is great as it only stores what is needed for the game, not 4.3GB if only 1GB is used).

vswildcat

Trophies
XP
Country
France
NiGHtS said:
Ok so i'm trying to use this thing on my mac...but like for some reason the .jar file doesn't even open >.> I mean the application launches then just closes down by itself...plus there's no other simple way to add already converted wbfs files to a drive on mac so i'm really confused with options here -_-

zon7 said:
Have updated the jar with the fix to OSX rdisk. It was a problem with a null pointer not being casted.
As always, the download link is in the first post.
Thanks to you all for the feedback

@NiGHtS Can you be more specific? System, java version. You can post the contents of the log.txt. You can also run the file as "java -jar WiiJManager.jar" from the terminal and tell me what exception it throws.

Hi all,

I don't know if NiGHtS manage to solve his problem, but I have exactly the same issue: double click on .jar, application launch and... close and... nothing.

I tried the Terminal way and here are the details:

CODE
System is "Mac OS X"
Preferences loaded
Preferences applied
osx/wwt find
Reading drives
Drive "ScanDevForPartitions(sd)" found
Drive " - part found: /dev/sdt" found
Drive "ScanDevForPartitions(rdisk)" found
Drive " - part found: /dev/rdisk0" found
Drive " - part found: /dev/rdisk0s1" found
Drive " - part found: /dev/rdisk0s2" found
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.swing.JTable.setFillsViewportHeight(Z)V
ÂÂÂÂat appPackage.FolderPanel.initGUI(FolderPanel.java:136)
ÂÂÂÂat appPackage.FolderPanel.(FolderPanel.java:100)
ÂÂÂÂat appPackage.WiiJManager.initGUI(WiiJManager.java:71)
ÂÂÂÂat appPackage.WiiJManager.(WiiJManager.java:59)
ÂÂÂÂat appPackage.WiiJManager$1.run(WiiJManager.java:48)
ÂÂÂÂat java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
ÂÂÂÂat java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
ÂÂÂÂat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
ÂÂÂÂat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
ÂÂÂÂat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
ÂÂÂÂat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
ÂÂÂÂat java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Mac version 10.5.8
Jar Launcher 12.6.0
Java Web Start 12.6.0 (not sure I'm looking at the right thing)

Let me know if I have to give you more details...

Thanks for the help you can provide

elviswjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antiaverage said:
Release the source so that others can make personal fixes. The fact that I had to use a hex editor to hack the app in order to allow download from WiiTDB is just silly.
Mind explaining how you did that? I attempted to do the same thing but now it won't even open.

What I did:
Clicked "Show Package Contents"
Went to Contents>MacOS
Made a backup of "WBFS for MacOS X"
Right-clicked original "WBFS for MacOS X" and opened in Hex Fiend (hex editor)
Changed both instances of "http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/%@/%@.png" to "http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover/%@/%@.png"
Saved and tried to run the app at which point it failed.
I even tried changing all instances of ntsc, ntsc-j, and pal to us, ja, and en respectively to match with the url address (ie: http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/cover/US/) and it still didn't work.

I'm sure I went about it the wrong way since I know practically nothing about hacking or programming.
Oh, and sorry for digging up a dead thread but I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that still uses WBFS for Mac.

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pmasterkim said:
4ltrv1sm0 said:
Hi, I am on 10.4 OSX, and I thought Im not the only one. Ive made a simple command line interface to help using wbfs a little bit.

For if it can helps anybody else, I leave it here with source code also.

capturawbfseng.jpg

Zip here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SY4I6LD2

Bye!

Hi, I tried using the 10.4 command line interface, but when trying to put iso files on my drive (disk1s1) I get the error that it can't find /dev/wbfs_orginal

Have I missed a step? Thanks
I had the same issue - it was a bug in the program. So, I made some changes to the code and here is a new version with an extra feature and including a more recent version of wbfs.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GWA1KSQU

> Version 0.12: fixed issue locating wbfs, added ability to specify default device/disk, added newer build of wbfs, small modifications.

Hope this is useful to somebody

emsef

GIngaRanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update #2: For the latest version of the WBFS GUI Manager for Mac OS X, visit http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/WBF...s#WBFS_Managers

Update: We got the wbfs tool to work on Mac OS X. If you want to head right to the action, you can get the diff/patch to wbfs to compile it yourself or get the compiled binary for Mac OS X. The changes have been emailed to Kwiirk who'll include it in the next official release of wbfs.

First of all, thanks for all the effort that has been put in to making all of this possible.

I'm trying to compile the WBFS tool under Mac OS X. First, I just tried the naive approach:

Code:
Eia:cios_usb2 2 eirikh$ ls -l
total 720
-rw-r--r--@ÂÂ1 eiaÂÂstaffÂÂ365312 Mar 30 19:49 cios_dip_usb2_install.dol
drwxr-xr-x@ 16 eiaÂÂstaffÂÂÂÂ 544 Mar 31 12:56 sources
drwxr-xr-x@ÂÂ6 eiaÂÂstaffÂÂÂÂ 204 Mar 30 19:49 wbfs_linux
Eia:cios_usb2 2 eia$ cd sources/wbfs/
Eia:wbfs eia$ make clean
rm -f negentig.o scrub.o wbfs.o tools.o bn.o ec.o disc_usage_table.o libwbfs.o libwbfs_linux.o wiidisc.o rijndael.o negentig scrub wbfs
Eia:wbfs eia$ make
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c negentig.c -o negentig.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c tools.c -o tools.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c bn.c -o bn.o
bn.c:11: warning: 'bn_print' defined but not used
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c ec.c -o ec.o
ec.c:28: warning: 'elt_print' defined but not used
ec.c:189: warning: 'point_is_on_curve' defined but not used
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c disc_usage_table.c -o disc_usage_table.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c libwbfs/libwbfs.c -o libwbfs.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c libwbfs/libwbfs_linux.c -o libwbfs_linux.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c libwbfs/wiidisc.c -o wiidisc.o
libwbfs/wiidisc.c:308: warning: unused parameter 'd'
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c libwbfs/rijndael.c -o rijndael.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -m32 -static negentig.o tools.o bn.o ec.o disc_usage_table.o libwbfs.o libwbfs_linux.o wiidisc.o rijndael.o -lcrypto -o negentig
ld_classic: can't locate file for: -lcrt0.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [negentig] Error 1
Eia:wbfs eirikh$

Ok, the not-so-unusual problem with building static binaries under Mac OS.

So I removed -static from LDFLAGS in the Makefile and tried again:

Code:
Eia:wbfs eia$ vi Makefile
Eia:wbfs eia$ make clean
rm -f negentig.o scrub.o wbfs.o tools.o bn.o ec.o disc_usage_table.o libwbfs.o libwbfs_linux.o wiidisc.o rijndael.o negentig scrub wbfs
Eia:wbfs eirikh$ make
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c negentig.c -o negentig.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c tools.c -o tools.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c bn.c -o bn.o
bn.c:11: warning: 'bn_print' defined but not used
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c ec.c -o ec.o
ec.c:28: warning: 'elt_print' defined but not used
ec.c:189: warning: 'point_is_on_curve' defined but not used
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c disc_usage_table.c -o disc_usage_table.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c libwbfs/libwbfs.c -o libwbfs.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c libwbfs/libwbfs_linux.c -o libwbfs_linux.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c libwbfs/wiidisc.c -o wiidisc.o
libwbfs/wiidisc.c:308: warning: unused parameter 'd'
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c libwbfs/rijndael.c -o rijndael.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -m32 negentig.o tools.o bn.o ec.o disc_usage_table.o libwbfs.o libwbfs_linux.o wiidisc.o rijndael.o -lcrypto -o negentig
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c scrub.c -o scrub.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -m32 scrub.o tools.o bn.o ec.o disc_usage_table.o libwbfs.o libwbfs_linux.o wiidisc.o rijndael.o -lcrypto -o scrub
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c wbfs.c -o wbfs.o
gcc -Wall -m32 -WÂÂ-ggdb -Ilibwbfs -I. -m32 wbfs.o tools.o bn.o ec.o disc_usage_table.o libwbfs.o libwbfs_linux.o wiidisc.o rijndael.o -lcrypto -o wbfs
Undefined symbols:
ÂÂ"_wbfs_try_open", referenced from:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ_main in wbfs.o
ÂÂ"_wbfs_try_open_partition", referenced from:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ_wbfs_applet_create in wbfs.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [wbfs] Error 1

Anyone got any further or have any tips?

Hi, I downloaded the wbfs manager for Mac and it loads and installs no problem. I use a USB 3 HDD formatted to NTFS format so I can transfer files greater than 4GB. Problem is the WBFS Manager does not recognize this drive. It seems it is looking for a drive formatted to WBFS which is a problem. Any suggestion on how I can get the manager to work with my NTFS drive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E