igor1201

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys,

I've recently started hacking with Homebrew on Switch (using libnx) and thought it'd be good if we could use Rust (rust-lang . org) to create our projects.
So I've been gluing together a hacky approach to compile Rust code to Switch.

Hope it is useful to someone!

github . com / Igor1201 / rusted-switch

(and of course, I can't post links yet)

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks! this is great.

At this point people can code apps for switch in Python, Javascript, Lua and Rust!(and C of course) Which i hope will make even more people join the scene to make homebrew.

roblabla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I'm the creator of megaton-hammer, a Rust homebrew library for the Nintendo Switch. We have some very ambitious goals: We want a full-rust Homebrew development environment, with 0 dependency on C code or a C compiler. This means that Megaton-Hammer doesn't wrap libnx or libtransistor, instead it is its own parallel library, with its own crt0, runtime, etc...

We already have a rust stdlib port, based on rust 1.26. It supports network, stdio, has a WIP branch containing threading and mutexes, and filesystem is coming very soon. I've been trying to get graphics working for a while but... I've been pretty busy ^^'. We also have our own custom allocator (which is not ralloc because ralloc has been failing on me :( ).

If anyone wants to help me work on this, I'd love some maintainers. Feel free to PM me on discord (I'm roblabla#8145, you can find me in many discords like ReSwitched, Yuzu, RyujiNX, etc...).

It's time, folks. The Rust Evangelism StrikeForce needs your help! :P

igor1201

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This doesn't seems like actual code for me , more like a placeholder
Yes, it aims to be a template to a rust project on switch.

So I'm the creator of megaton-hammer, a Rust homebrew library for the Nintendo Switch. We have some very ambitious goals: We want a full-rust Homebrew development environment, with 0 dependency on C code or a C compiler. This means that Megaton-Hammer doesn't wrap libnx or libtransistor, instead it is its own parallel library, with its own crt0, runtime, etc...

We already have a rust stdlib port, based on rust 1.26. It supports network, stdio, has a WIP branch containing threading and mutexes, and filesystem is coming very soon. I've been trying to get graphics working for a while but... I've been pretty busy ^^'. We also have our own custom allocator (which is not ralloc because ralloc has been failing on me :( ).

If anyone wants to help me work on this, I'd love some maintainers. Feel free to PM me on discord (I'm roblabla#8145, you can find me in many discords like ReSwitched, Yuzu, RyujiNX, etc...).

It's time, folks. The Rust Evangelism StrikeForce needs your help! :P
That's amazing! I've been looking for switch homebrew with rust but didn't find your repo
I'm really new to Rust/low-level development, but the possibility to code non-C/C++ to switch got my attention.
I'll definitely take a look into megaton-hammer (nice name, btw) and separate a time to learn, thanks for the tip!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee