Cobra Kai ~or~ WHOA, where the hell did THIS come from?!

Old

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After thirty five friggin years, no less. Not in my wildest imaginings could I have hoped for a continuation/revival of this quality. I spent roughly half of the series with my mouth hanging open, and the other half cheering.
Sure, I've got my (minor) gripes -- a few of the 'callbacks' are misplaced/bordering on cheesy & I'm not a fan of the kid playing Johnny's son -- but the rest is golden. This series has done the impossible: made me feel for Johnny Lawrence, eternal 80s punkass bully. The larger picture forms when you realize that (nearly) every older male influence in his life have been abusive dirtbags. :(

Younger, older, makes no difference; see this now.

1526061972_733_the-11-scenes-from-cobra-kai-that-make-it-a-worthy-karate-kid-sequel.png

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
Haven't watched it yet. However I am a fan of the previous series so I'm looking forward to it. Hope it doesn't suck like most of the other reboots out there :P

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't read too much of this post because of spoiler fears. I really want to watch this, and it looks like you recommend it. Good enough for me, I need to re-watch the Karate Kid movies to refresh my memory.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
One question: does the show take all Karate Kid movies into account, or does it pretend some of the later ones never happened?

Old

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question: does the show take all Karate Kid movies into account, or does it pretend some of the later ones never happened?

** SPOILERS, watch out! **

So far it's focused on characters from the only ones that matter, the original & part 2, though they did make a passing reference to Terry Silver & Mike Barnes. Johnny: "I've never even MET those people".
Here's the thing, though: the show is entertaining enough on it's own, one doesn't need any KK experience going in. (But it sure adds to the fun factor!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ancient would be rocking your world out. :rofl2: :rofl2: