baefisch3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, is it possible to clone my HDD?
Do i have to install all the games on the new WII once more? To register the games?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you install games to USB a small file for each game is still installed to the Sysnand this is called a ticket. Of you clone the usb then use it on another wiiu none of the games will work as they will be missing the tickets on the sysNAND.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes indeed there isn't a way currently to literally clone HDD data to another one. But you might want to "Transfer" games from one HDD to another using the Wii U itself (it's in the setting menu).

Reactions: KiiWii

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes indeed there isn't a way currently to literally clone HDD data to another one. But you might want to "Transfer" games from one HDD to another using the Wii U itself (it's in the setting menu).
But that wont work as the second wiiu will still be missing the ticket files on sysnand for them to load.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there a way to manually move the tickets? I know you can pull them off the original HD but I don't know how to install them on the 2nd

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes sorry the HDD won't work on a second Wii U, they'll only work as long as you keep using them with the same Wii U.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redownloading them all with Wii USB Helper is the surefire way to do it right.

I am intrigued though if you didn't have internet access... There has to be a backdoor way to use the same HD

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't there a way to manually move the tickets? I know you can pull them off the original HD but I don't know how to install them on the 2nd
I'm guessing the tickets could be found using fttp everywhere then copied over but it would probably just be easier to redownload the games with USB download helper and install them on the second wiiu

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can manually install tickets quite easily, this is not the issue. The HDD is encrypted with a key generated by a hash/key in otp and some other hash/key that idr right now. We can get that key by generating it ourselves on our wii u, but there are no tools that i know of to retool an image for another wii u.

Reactions: Kafluke

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all your replies..
my problem is. I have to copy every single game to the sd card, because otherwise installing of some games will fail for any reason.
as mentioned here.
Yes, you have to copy all of the installs to an SD card. It doesn't matter if you copy all the folders yourself and manually remove anything non-alphanumeric from the folder names, or if you use Wii U USB Helper's Copy to SD function (which will remove the characters for you)

If you think that copying 'every single game' is laborious with USB Helper, you may not realize that you can ctrl-click multiple titles, then right-click and choose Copy to SD. You can even ctrl-click a section header like 'Downloaded' and select all of the titles in that section at once.

What is unfortunate is that Wii U USB Helper isn't smart enough to simply copy the existing update when you select Copy to SD, so you have to respond to a version pop-up for every game that has updates. You also have to tell Helper which components of a game you want to copy. That's not the greatest design.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@nexusmtz Quite true in all, but one thing I just wanted to point out. Waiting for games to copy can be "tedious" if you're impatient like me. :D :D

It's nowhere near as bad since I bought a newer SD card, but still no HDD speed. I guess that's partially because I wasn't spending the outrageous difference in cost for another 10Mb/s. Still, 30MB/s isn't bad.

baefisch3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i´ve tried to copy more games to the sd card by copy paste, but got error messages all the time.
so i copied every single game directly to the install folder and was able to install all games.
but this was a long going annoying task!!

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i´ve tried to copy more games to the sd card by copy paste, but got error messages all the time.
so i copied every single game directly to the install folder and was able to install all games.
Use simple folder names to copy multiple games to sd at one time for install. For example, dont use spaces or !@#$%^&*()

rename any folders similar to like "[AVRE01] Game Name", or containing other characters like registered symbol or copyright symbol, to something simple like "botw". then copy them to the install folder on sd as their own folder

like sd:/install/botw

simple names work best for wup installer. Wii U USB Helper should do this automatically if using the copy function, but if it is not working for you just do it manually then copy all of them at once. it works for everyone else, so it must just be something youre missing.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultimately, if that worked for you, it's fine, but I can copy 250GB of games with one command and install all of them with the select all function in wup installer y mod, so your issues are not because of the installer.

Installations should be trouble free if you start with good downloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe