Clone free mcboot memory card to other memory card

fenderjaguar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I ok to wipe my unmodded sony memory card, then simply copy all the files on my other free mcboot card to it? will that make it, too, into a bootable free mcboot card?

I was going to do this in the file explorer, which is opened by selecting "LaunchELF"....just checking it's ok? thanks :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I ok to wipe my unmodded sony memory card, then simply copy all the files on my other free mcboot card to it? will that make it, too, into a bootable free mcboot card?

I was going to do this in the file explorer, which is opened by selecting "LaunchELF"....just checking it's ok? thanks :)
don't know, but from what I remember, it's easy as hell to make a free mcboot card from another, just in general.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No has to run the installer everytime to make a FMCB

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I figured. when I watched a video on making a fmcb card using another, when I made mine, they didn't simply clone the card, so I figured there must've been a reason.

Reactions: fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so when I run the installer, would it be safer to, once in the installer, to remove my free mcboot card, from slot 1, then put my unmodded card in slot 1?

or can I install to slot 2, from within the installer?

fenderjaguar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what if there is not enough room on the memory card? how would I go about freeing up space, or is there an official sony utility to clean the card?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!