Clone data of one Vita SD card to another

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a smaller SD card (128GB) and want to transfer the data to it from the one I was currently using (256GB) so is it possible? How can I copy the files?

I have tried to connect the SD to the PC, but it copied very little data (although it showed the correct storage in use).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you just need to format the card correct, and copy the files over, under windows you need to uncheck hide protected operating system files when copying the files from the vita.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you just need to format the card correct, and copy the files over, under windows you need to uncheck hide protected operating system files when copying the files from the vita.
Thanks.

I had forgotten to unhide protected OS files. It's now copying all. :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey Marc_LFD, when you transfered files from your old 128GB SD card to your new 256GB SD card, did you have to create a zzBlank.img file on your new 256GB SD card?

Did you just simply copy and paste from old 128GB SD card to the new 256GB SD card and that's it?

My vita has corrupt files everytime I run windows powershell (Admin) command line chkdsk e: /f, its either my SD2VITA adapter, 128GB SD card or my 8GB Sony official memory card thats faulty.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Marc_LFD, when you transfered files from your old 128GB SD card to your new 256GB SD card, did you have to create a zzBlank.img file on your new 256GB SD card?

Did you just simply copy and paste from old 128GB SD card to the new 256GB SD card and that's it?

My vita has corrupt files everytime I run windows powershell (Admin) command line chkdsk e: /f, its either my SD2VITA adapter, 128GB SD card or my 8GB Sony official memory card thats faulty.
Yes, I formatted the new SD (128GB, while the old is 256GB) with that disk image using this program: https://win32diskimager.org/

Even though I had prepped up and everything, I didn't switch to the new SD because I didn't want to delete games so left as it is.

It'll be for my PS2.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, I formatted the new SD (128GB, while the old is 256GB) with that disk image using this program: https://win32diskimager.org/

Even though I had prepped up and everything, I didn't switch to the new SD because I didn't want to delete games so left as it is.

It'll be for my PS2.
oh okay, thank you for confirming it works.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks.

I had forgotten to unhide protected OS files. It's now copying all. :)
If I insert my SD card directly to PC it does not recognize it, how did you get it to work? I should mention I used the PS Vita software SD Formatter to prepare my SD for YAMT and I’m running Windows 7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work