CLK (Point D) OLED Switch - Is my Switch dead?

imKylo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone,

I was attempting a picofly mod in my OLED Switch and this black stuff appeared in point D (CLK) after some tries at soldering a wire there. Here's how it looks:

Screenshot 2023-07-21 185457.png

To me it looks like there's no connection between the line and the point anymore.

Furthermore, my Switch won't turn on (black screen) and I don't see any other possible reason.

Any idea if my Switch is definitely dead or if there's a way to check if it is or solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I was attempting a picofly mod in my OLED Switch and this black stuff appeared in point D (CLK) after some tries at soldering a wire there. Here's how it looks:

View attachment 384349

To me it looks like there's no connection between the line and the point anymore.

Furthermore, my Switch won't turn on (black screen) and I don't see any other possible reason.

Any idea if my Switch is definitely dead or if there's a way to check if it is or solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Measure diode reading on the trace and the via point.If you have reading on the trace but not via, you have a broken trace to via.
The black stuff I believe is just carbon oxide from the flux , clean them with IPA.

FYI, post the rest soldering location you worked on as well to make people easier help you

Reactions: imKylo

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone,

View attachment 384349

Thanks in advance!
If the connection is severed between the point and the line the Switch will not boot

Reactions: imKylo

imKylo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Measure diode reading on the trace and the via point.If you have reading on the trace but not via, you have a broken trace to via.
The black stuff I believe is just carbon oxide from the flux , clean them with IPA.

FYI, post the rest soldering location you worked on as well to make people easier help you

Thanks for the multimeter tip, I'll try it once I have the chance. I have tried cleaning it with IPA and even scratching it off and it doesn't go anywhere, that's what makes me think the connection is broken.

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
worst case you need a professional to lift soc (and/)or emmc and manually route a wire underneath

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU