Hacking Cleaning up my Switch for Smash Ultimate

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ther is a safe solution and at the moment only sx os provides it. It's sd emunand offline for hacking purposes and a clean sysnand for legit purchased games going online.
We don’t know what Ninty gets sent while you are online. They could be checking the SD card for specific files, and if they are there, you get a ban. Best bet is just to restor a clean Nand backup.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
We don’t know what Ninty gets sent while you are online. They could be checking the SD card for specific files, and if they are there, you get a ban. Best bet is just to restor a clean Nand backup.
Then do like me and use 2 sd cards. One for emunand with the hacky stuff and one compleatly clean for syanand and online. Emunand is the answer for the most convinient and ban free setup.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only reason why people say it is not a real emunand is cause it does not protect you from a brick game... install pikabrick on your emunand and run it to see what happens... it bricks your actual sysnand... so it wont save you from anything just yet
This is not correct and it's been tested. On sd emunand a brick nsp only bricks the sd emunand like it should.

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then do like me and use 2 sd cards. One for emunand with the hacky stuff and one compleatly clean for syanand and online. Emunand is the answer for the most convinient and ban free setup.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is not correct and it's been tested. On sd emunand a brick nsp only bricks the sd emunand like it should.
Although I don’t know if he wants to shell out 30 U.S. dollars for license to use SXOS just time to use for a little bit of time. So this would be fine if he already had a license, or wants to shell out 30 dollars.
Also, OP, what CFW are you using now?

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Although I don’t know if he wants to shell out 30 U.S. dollars for license to use SXOS just time to use for a little bit of time. So this would be fine if he already had a license, or wants to shell out 30 dollars.
About the price $30 is the highest it goes for but if you look you can find it going for about $23. Emunand and the convinience of switching form clean nand for online and hacked offline emunand right now whithout having to wait more is enough to convince me but it's not the only sx exclusive feature worth buying for. They have an integrated cheat system that not many talk about, they have xci loading that many find more convinient than installing the games you just quickly want to try out. External HDD for mounting and installing xci and nsp games is another big one! Even while undocked you can put a flash drive with nsp or xci. Use fancy Tinfoil and install the games from there at higher speeds than using the sd card. They steal some stuff and I get why people hate them for that but they also improve and inovate in terms of features. Buying sx os is the only way of having all of the features every one haves. They integrate newest features of other free cfw but they also have exclusive stuff. Having the best of both worlds for $30 seems like a good deal to me. I'm a user and I recommend it cause I want everyone to enjoy they're switches as I'm enjoying mine. I don't win anything by this.

Last edited by JJTapia19,

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason why people say it is not a real emunand is cause it does not protect you from a brick game... install pikabrick on your emunand and run it to see what happens... it bricks your actual sysnand... so it wont save you from anything just yet
It's the installer's (end-user) fault for not using verified software, or for checking it themselves, or dumping it themself.

I get your point, that it is able to write into the NAND at all, but SXOS runs at a low-level... (don't all the other cfw do the same?).

I am not sure about this part, but anything that boots within RCM will do the same, as it is hardware-exploited, and gets the lowest level of access to the entire chipset

Edit : Are you sure that brick code bricks sysnand? I think it only breaks the SD emunand. Just asking.

Last edited by Tilde88,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It's the installer's fault for not using verified software, or for checking it themselves, or dumping it themself.

I get your point, that it is able to write into the NAND at all, but SXOS runs at a low-level... (don't all the other cfw do the same?).

I am not sure about this part, but anything that boots within RCM will do the same, as it is hardware-exploited, and gets the lowest level of access to the entire chipset
His comment is not correct. Maybe he's referring to the old in sysnand emunand but not the new sd emunand there are many reports of users that tested this and confirm that only sd emunand got banned. From what I understand the only thing the nands are currently sharing is the system's fuse count. Hope the team finds a way to emulate the fuse count on emunand too.

I quickly found this on the emunand relase thread on page 6 but there are many more.

if you run brick code on emunand, only emunand will be affected

Confirmed. Tried to brick my Switch using PIKASHIT. EMUNAND will be bricked but SYSNAND.

Reactions: Tilde88

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His comment is not correct. Maybe he's referring to the old in sysnand emunand but not the new sd emunand there are many reports of users that tested this and confirm that only sd emunand got banned. From what I understand the only thing the nands are currently sharing is the system's fuse count. Hope the team finds a way to emulate the fuse count on emunand too.

I quickly found this on the emunand relase thread on page 6 but there are many more.

Thanks for the reply. This info you have written does seem like the correct info. Cheers

Reactions: JJTapia19

Arikaido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, ok, wasn't expecting to get more replies.
Uhhhhh, I think an older version of Atmosphere? I'm at work now and can't check which version, but I"m 87% sure it's Atmosphere.

Honestly, I think I'm gonna just restore NAND and format everything. I know that updates are the bane of hax, but I figure I'll let the scene make some more progress before revisiting this. I know about SD emunand, but idk if I want to risk the ban. Besides, I'd rather go from a clean NAND to SD emunand than try going there from my current hax.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Wow, ok, wasn't expecting to get more replies.

Uhhhhh, I think an older version of Atmosphere? I'm at work now and can't check which version, but I"m 87% sure it's Atmosphere.

Honestly, I think I'm gonna just restore NAND and format everything. I know that updates are the bane of hax, but I figure I'll let the scene make some more progress before revisiting this. I know about SD emunand, but idk if I want to risk the ban. Besides, I'd rather go from a clean NAND to SD emunand than try going there from my current hax.
It's better to create emunand now that you have your hacked stuff, saves, games, mods already set up and then restoring and formating sysnand. That way you don't need to start emunand from scratch too. SD emunand is not detectable and does not modify or leave traces on your main nand. Even if nintendo start scanning the sd card looking for files that have to do with hacking which is highly unlikely to happen you can switch to a different clean sd card every time you go to sysnand to play online. That way once you remove sd with emunand from the switch, the switch is really %100 clean and no ban can happen as long as you keep your emunand use offline.

Last edited by JJTapia19,

Arikaido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final update from TC: I've restored and formatted my Switch, and everything seems to be working just fine. I thought about it and realized that I just don't have the time to maintain hax anymore. I mean, I've only played BotW and Hollow Knight in CFW and haven't updated a single thing since like August. I try to follow the scene, but it's moving too fast with important updates happening almost weekly at this point. I'll probably revisit this several months in the future, but it's more of a hassle than it's worth atm. Thanks for all the pointers, though. Getting SX OS was almost my choice, but I really didn't want to pay money for it.

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't have it all. Most here have 1 hacked switch and are content with that, and some bought a 2nd switch because they care for online that much.

Blows my mind how often people forget Nintendo's online servers are garbage:rofl2: Playing Smash Wii U or Brawl online was considered a joke and not competitive due to the terrible lag spikes, despite strong connections from both/all players playing online.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They could be checking the SD card for specific files, and if they are there, you get a ban.
No they can't. You can put whatever files you want on your SD and name them whatever you want. Files being just there doesn't prove you have done anything against the EULA. Nintendo got no rights on anything outside of the Nintendo folder on your SD card.

Of course it might get you flagged but that's pretty much all they can do, and that's assuming they are scanning for anything outside of the Nintendo folder.

Last edited by Redferne,

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No they can't. You can put whatever files you want on your SD and name them whatever you want. Files being just there doesn't prove you have done anything against the EULA. Nintendo got no rights on anything outside of the Nintendo folder on your SD card.

Of course it might get you flagged but that's pretty much all they can do, and that's assuming they are scanning for anything outside of the Nintendo folder.
They can ban you for no reason at all. It’s their servers, not yours.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They can ban you for no reason at all. It’s their servers, not yours.
No they can't. They don't have to give you the reason but they need one. According to the EULA they have to give you the service unless you brake the EULA. If they are not giving you the service they are breaking the EULA which free you from it.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buy a second switch and use that for Smash. The moment you go online with the hacked one your risk a full ban!
If you use CFW it is sure you will be banned .... earlier or later but it will happen.
SX OS "Emunand" can't prevent that because it is something else but not a real Emunand ;)

I agree with the sentiment of never going online with a hacked Switch as you'll eventually get banned, however it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that it'll be the moment you go Online, often you can fly under the radar from Ninty if you stay to OFW Online, and especially if the game you're running is not a pirated early copy (IE the Old Pokemon Moon leak from the 3DS), and it's an official copy that'll pass verification, also you're right to say SX OS Emunand isn't a traditional Emunand however even if we get traditional Emunand anytime soon with how Nintendo has setup CIDs if you get banned regardless of Emunand/not your entire console will be banned without recovery as there's not a reliable CID spoof method like seen on PS3, or whatever... bottom line Emunand CFW Offline, and OFW Online that's how people will use it whenever it's initially released

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1