Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Shirogane

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, sorry for disturbing, but i have some problems with wiiflow.

After installing ciOSX249 d2x, wiiflow doesn't regconize my hdd anymore. It keeps saying "Welcome to wiiflow, I have not found any games". Re-install ciOSX rev 19 and everything's is fine (but I can't play Wii Play Motion properly, sometimes freeze).

Any help ?
frown.gif
(I'm just a newbie to Wii hacking, I don't know if what i have done wrong"

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
VatoLoco said:
Wow!, i havent bothered updating for a while, was still on 249rev17 (was mostly using hermes 222 for games).
This cIOS has fixed a lot of annoying stuff for me.
I havent read the whole thread, so im sure it's been mentioned, but my Mighty Channels games ALL work now (Lost Winds, Strong Bad, Monkey Island) =D
Also, SamNMax 1 and 2, Metal Slug, House of the Dead 2/3 are working as they were meant to now...havent tried MPT yet.
Thanks davebaol and everyone involved with the D2x development.
Please tell us how far and long you played the game Lost Winds, because this one is still reported as buggy (fyi: ppl report freezes when going from one zone to the next)...

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
Please tell us how far and long you played the game Lost Winds, because this one is still reported as buggy (fyi: ppl report freezes when going from one zone to the next)...
I guess I'd spoke too quick and had only played a few minutes earlier, but I played some more Lost Winds today after work, and you are indeed correct, the game does go black screen (with some intermittent white flashes) when entering (what i assume is) level 2. The Zelda rip-off music continues to play though, and the 'home' button still works.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
VatoLoco said:
Etheboss said:
I guess I'd spoke too quick and had only played a few minutes earlier, but I played some more Lost Winds today after work, and you are indeed correct, the game does go black screen (with some intermittent white flashes) when entering (what i assume is) level 2. The Zelda rip-off music continues to play though, and the 'home' button still works.
Yup, that's what other ppl reported too.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
VatoLoco said:
Yeah, this is also happening to me. I noticed that you can go back to the previous zone if you hold the nunchuck in the direction long enough, then you should be able to enter the zone without problems. Sometimes the game plays fine for 30 minutes but mostly this happens after a few zones.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iwantcs5 said:
Hielkenator said:
iwantcs5 said:
Okay, So I followed this guide: ( http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-t...tion-guide.html ) and installed V6 using base 57 to slot 250 and checked the loader to see if there were any updates available, and there were not. So I tried to load a game (the previous 'Game IOS' was set to 249) And same result. Black screen. Then I restarted the Wii, changed the Game IOS to 250 (thinking that by installing d2x V6 in slot 250 that might be the solution) but same result, black screen. What now?

You miss the basics.
Well you are misunderstanding something I think, no offence.
Best you first remod your Wii using Modmii. It's in the stickies.
Just follow the wizard and treat your Wii as if it were virgin.

Make sure the loader is compatible with d2x and that your HDD is too.

d2x v6 and cfg loader works for everybody and it will for you.

Okay, So i'll go ahead and remod the wii, What do you suggest I use as the install settings for d2x v 6? Should I stick with base 57 and slot 250? Or should I do something else. I would really like to keep using USB Loader GX. Its the easiest to use for my wife. The whole reason I did this in the first place was to get mighty channels working. Thanks

EDIT: I think that the install settings are already set by modmii.

Use base 56 in slot 249 and base 57 in slot 250.
FYI you cannonly use 1 slot at a time ( you can set it from your loader )

Commonly sot 249 (56) will be sufficient. In some cases cios with base 57 is needed ( wich you have installed in slot 250.

Every game can be set up to load with a slot of you liking ( in de games settings. )

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone else confirm old decrypted disks still work/dont work in d2x? and if you happen to still be running these what ios bases and or loaders are you using?

Seems since switching to base 56/57 as standards, old skool decrypt disks (still supported by neogamma) are broken, although reverting to base38 (best support for decrypted format according to wiipower) dx2v6 is still a no go.

This is not an issue for myself, but interesting none the less.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
alejolink11 said:
Would anything bad happen to mu wii if i just choose ALL the d2x wads. ya see im not sure which specific ones i need

Wel it will still ONLY install in two slots.... Please read up and try to understand.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slimmmmmm said:
Hielkenator said:
alejolink11 said:
Would anything bad happen to mu wii if i just choose ALL the d2x wads. ya see im not sure which specific ones i need

Wel it will still ONLY install in two slots.... Please read up and try to understand.

I have four dx cios installed
When selected with from modmii only slot 249 and 250 would have installs.
Depending an wich wad you install at the end will determine the base.

It is possible to have multiple slots occupied with cios.
But a non-beta tester would only require two slots for optimum compatiblity.
Example: base 56 in slot 249 and base 57 in slot 250.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This may have been answered elsewhere, but after searching high and low, I can't find it.

After the V6 update...is it possible to have a partitioned HDD? (FAT32/NTFS)
I'm using V2 now (I think) with and older Wiiflow, but would like the new WiiFlow beta on a small FAT32 (~2GB) and all my games on a large NTFS (~1TB) partition.
I saw this in the changelog:
QUOTE said:
d2x v6: IOS Reload Block: The Ultimate Solution
DIP - Added fraglist to support potentially any file system (tnx oggzee).
...but I can't for the life of me find anyone saying they have this working on a partitioned drive such as mine.

Any answer would be appreciated - It'll save me time testing it out if it has been done (which I'm sure it has)...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Partitioned drives were always supported by cIOS and it didn't change or regress with d2x cIOS.
d2x improved the support and is now compatible with new 4k sector size drives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length +1