Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@papermanzero
Always use base 56 for most games and base 57 for the problematic ones.
For the previously mentioned games I use base 56.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had been using base 57 for everything and it seems to work fine. What's the difference between 56 and 57 speed wise or other?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mantis41 said:
I had been using base 57 for everything and it seems to work fine. What's the difference between 56 and 57 speed wise or other?

One game is reported to lag with base IOS57, but it also requires base IOS57, so it could be a general d2x issue. It's one of those singing games.

Base IOS56 plays everything that doesn't require or work with IOS57 and IOS58. So all games without requirements, and Rock Band and Monter Hunter Tri will work fine with base IOS56.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the mmm install of the new d2x. It installed all 249 modules, but would not install any 250. Why is this? I tried re-install etc. It just would not allow 250. Is this going to be a problem with anything? How do I fix it, or should I leave it as is and just load ios reload games from 249 now?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
papermanzero said:
Again, this project ist so awesome. =)

Is it known, that double layer games like MPTrilogy aren't working with the newest update?
Means you can load the "ios reloading" games but MP3 in MPT isn't starting.

Best

i had the same issues with MP3 not working from MPT....it ended up being a dump issue....

it works fine on d2x6[56] for me....

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
luckwii said:
I tried the mmm install of the new d2x. It installed all 249 modules, but would not install any 250. Why is this? I tried re-install etc. It just would not allow 250. Is this going to be a problem with anything? How do I fix it, or should I leave it as is and just load ios reload games from 249 now?
I bet You have a cios in slot 250 with version 65535 that is greater than the version of d2x, i.e. 2100x.
Typically this is a problem only when you try to install a wad using a ios/cios without version patch.
Run IOS236 Installer then use ios 236 to install d2x in slot 250.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
luckwii said:
I bet You have a cios in slot 250 with version 65535 that is greater than the version of d2x, i.e. 2100x.
Typically this is a problem only when you try to install a wad using a ios/cios without version patch.
Run IOS236 Installer then use ios 236 to install d2x in slot 250.

My ioses should be pretty old. I have been using rev17 for ever now. I do have Hermes, and it may be installed to 250, I can't remember now.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@luckwii
Waninkoko's cios installer up to version rev17 (maybe rev18, don't remember) always installs a clone of the cios in slot 250 and its version is 65535.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
@luckwii
Waninkoko's cios installer up to version rev17 (maybe rev18, don't remember) always installs a clone of the cios in slot 250 and its version is 65535.

So how can I get around this in order to install d2x?

...or I'll try the above method and see if that does it.

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
vinzanity said:
I'm loving the cios with ios reload block. I totally replaced my WaninR17b setup with this one, except, my Wife's Just Dance 2 Special Edition gives an error 002/001 when using base 56 or 57. Using Wiiflow 355 249 version and CFG 69d. I solved it by using Hermes 222 for that game but I was just wondering why it coughed up that error. Thanks again to all working on this wonderful cios.

To reply to my own post, this is not a cios issue but my own created problem. hehe, It turns out when I ripped the Just Dance 2 SE disc from the original it was set to Dual Layer (I checked the info in the CFG Loader GUI and it said DUAL LAYER. WTF!). So I ripped it again and I'm now able to use IOS56 D2X on it! Love this CIOS!

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
@Davebaol: Here is our new To Do List
happy.gif
any others suggestions ?

- Add new argument in the meta.xml file to delete cache folder at exit.
- Add a filter for the list of available "Working IOS" to exclude STUB/Fakestub.
- Add partial support for HW_AHBPROT functionality.
- Put the choice of cIOS d2x on the latest stable version by default.
- Put the cursor over the slot 249 by default.
- Correct the display. (flickering a bit)
- Improve speed performance of d2x cIOS installer.
- Write a d2x cIOS Installer documentation.

I also wonder if you could create a merged base 37 and 38 for cIOS d2x like in Hermes cIOS to run musical games like singstar, U-sing etc...

Morien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to update. Was a bad rip. I haven't come across any game that hasn't worked now, and only one that needed special settings (Black Ops needed 250, not 249).

Thanks

Morien said:
DGenerateKane said:
Morien said:
I've been unable to get Mortal Kombat to work. It is PAL version of the game. It hangs at the CFG USB Loader screen "Loading game: ......"

Anything special I need to do?

Thanks

I had that problem too back when alt dol was first discovered. I noticed the iso I had was patched to 249 for disc use, after getting a copy and ripping it myself it worked just fine. Go figure. Mind you it was NTSC.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Hanged even on alt dol method, so I will try to get do likewise and get another copy and rip it myself.

Thanks

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@vinzanity
Glad you got it sorted out

@NutNut
No need to create merged bases.
We're working on the ehci module to fix the issues with singing games.
Nice list btw.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NutNut said:
[...]
I also wonder if you could create a merged base 37 and 38 for cIOS d2x like in Hermes cIOS to run musical games like singstar, U-sing etc...

The music games should all work with either base IOS56(if they require 56 or 37) or base IOS57(if they require 57). The lag in U-Sing is not base IOS related as Davebaol said.

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
NutNut said:
@Davebaol: Here is our new To Do List
happy.gif
any others suggestions ?

- Add new argument in the meta.xml file to delete cache folder at exit.
- Add a filter for the list of available "Working IOS" to exclude STUB/Fakestub.
- Add partial support for HW_AHBPROT functionality.
- Put the choice of cIOS d2x on the latest stable version by default.
- Put the cursor over the slot 249 by default.
- Correct the display. (flickering a bit)
- Improve speed performance of d2x cIOS installer.
- Write a d2x cIOS Installer documentation.

Nice list NutNut. Can't wait for the next release

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/CaOkTKfxu44?si=gaexp0MTD_Yi-udH