Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason i cant dump my vwii nand, everything just spits out errors in toolbox and showmenand shows nothing from the files it did take

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Has anyone found a wiiware or vc game that works on emunand now with v10 that didint work before with v8 or v9? everything i tried so far still doesnt work.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain exactly what to edit in the meta.xml for total noobs like me?

Thank you.
Change:
Code:
    <arguments>
        <!-- <arg>--ios=249</arg> -->
        <arg>--remove-cache</arg>
    </arguments>
to
Code:
    <arguments>
        <arg>--ios=236</arg>
    </arguments>

The <!-- --> tags comment out the argument, so you remove those to make it active. 249 was the IOS to use for installation, so you change that to 236.

Reactions: pancholiu

pancholiu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Change:
Code:
    <arguments>
        <!-- <arg>--ios=249</arg> -->
    </arguments>
to
Code:
    <arguments>
        <arg>--ios=236</arg>
    </arguments>

The <!-- --> tags comment out the argument, so you remove those to make it active. 249 was the IOS to use for installation, so you change that to 236.

I just tried that and i'm still getting a red slot 249. I wonder what i`m doing wrong. I don't have to do anything besides installing IOS236 with the new IOS236 Installer before this right?

pancholiu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a Wii U (yet), so I'm afraid I can't help any more than I already have. I also haven't used the installer in a long time, so I don't remember what a "red slot" is. Does it not mean an empty slot?

It means it failed the installation. It's the same problem another member was having. Is it too much to ask you for a recompiled 2.2 version with motion plus support?
I'm pretty sure that will work.

Thanks again for your time.

ThreeM

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Install IOS236 and use cios installer 3.1, setup meta.xml like this:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes'?>
<app version="1">
    <name>d2x cIOS installer</name>
    <coder>dragbe</coder>
    <short_description>Custom IOS installer</short_description>
    <long_description>Official Homebrew to install d2x cIOS maintained by davebaol, xabby666 and XFlak.</long_description>
    <arguments>
        <arg>--ios=236</arg>
    </arguments>
    <version>3.1</version>
    <release_date>20110925081828</release_date>
</app>

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

e3xtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmmm... Bad news not working with western digital Passport 500GB, still shows the pics in Wiiflow,, but no game can be started... It gets back to vWii Menu.... Maybe because of 2 Partitions? Does the HDD have to be wbfs? tried alt and standard version...

Matt M

Zeldafan1993
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@user asking for the wad files:
The d2x cIOS v10 are like the previous d2x cIOS, you install them the same way.

Stop asking for the Wad files, you won't find them here and nobody will link to wad files either. The wad files contains copyrighted code (the IOS).
You need to build them yourself using modMii or the cIOS-installer directly on the console.
If you want to install it on vWii, you'll have to get your own vWii's IOS first

If you want to use the cIOS installer, follow the guide.
If you want to install d2x on WiiU's virtual Wii, please read carefully Davebaol post and everything related to WiiU's vWii mode. You can brick your Virtual Wii if you don't understand what you are doing!

ok but how do i obtain my vwii's IOS's Like how do i dump them to get them so i can install d2x on my vWii

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmmm... Bad news not working with western digital Passport 500GB, still shows the pics in Wiiflow,, but no game can be started... It gets back to vWii Menu.... Maybe because of 2 Partitions? Does the HDD have to be wbfs? tried alt and standard version...
The port setup on the wiiu is exactly the opposite, so port 0 is in the middle and port 1 is on the outer.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok but how do i obtain my vwii's IOS's Like how do i dump them to get them so i can install d2x on my vWii
Maybe by reading the threads that Davebaol linked?
It explains how homebrew on vWii are working, what can be done or not, how to dump the NAND, how to get the vWii cIOS, etc.

I think it's on purpose that there's no step by step, you have to take the time to understand what you are doing.
If you can't read and try to do things without understanding which homebrew version you are using (there's one for Wii, one for vWii), you could brick your vWii or damage your Wii's NAND.

Frankly, if users can't read the sticky by themselves, or edit a xml file in a text editor and understand that "IOS=" means the IOS to use, or can't follow a simple link to a guide (davebaol linked to two threads!), I'm afraid for your WiiU.
hint hint : In the link that Davebaol gave, there's another link "installing cIOS" which provides the tools needed to dump/extract IOS/install IOS

Of course a step by step tutorial would be better, but nobody wrote it yet.

Matt M

Zeldafan1993
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe by reading the threads that Davebaol linked?
It explains how homebrew on vWii are working, what can be done or not, how to dump the NAND, how to get the vWii cIOS, etc.

I think it's on purpose that there's no step by step, you have to take the time to understand what you are doing.
If you can't read and try to do things without understanding which homebrew version you are using (there's one for Wii, one for vWii), you could brick your vWii or damage your Wii's NAND.

Frankly, if users can't read the sticky by themselves, or edit a xml file in a text editor and understand that "IOS=" means the IOS to use, or can't follow a simple link to a guide (davebaol linked to two threads!), I'm afraid for your WiiU.
hint hint : In the link that Davebaol gave, there's another link "installing cIOS" which provides the tools needed to dump/extract IOS/install IOS

Of course a step by step tutorial would be better, but nobody wrote it yet.

i did do reading before i couldn't see very much info. (i have done a bit of Wii hacking before (like the original Wii so im not clue less when it coems to wii hacking) i just ask alot of questions cuz like you said there is a high chance of bricking so i don't really wanna brick my 350-400$ Wii U because i didn't ask some questions

but i did find a tutorial that every1 should use, i did it and it worked perfectly (this is not my Guide i took it from here http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiuhax-...-the-wii-u-step-by-step-noob-friendly.339655/)

*removed quoted guide*

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't see this tutorial (it was posted here this night, I was asleep :P)
Thank you for pointing to it, I'll edit your post to only put a link to the guide. It will prevent users asking guide question here. This is not the proper thread ;)

Matt M

Zeldafan1993
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for pointing to it, I'll edit your post to only put a link to the guide. It will prevent users asking guide question here. This is not the proper thread ;)
o ok sorry didnt know (good thinking ;) ) but yea i just stumbled across it after searching this forum for a bit

right now im putting a couple games on a NEW 1 TB sea gate Drive to test the game plat cuz my old HDD wont work with the Wii u cuz it is just a "portable" drive and the Wii U Will not work with those ones so im using 1 with its own Separate Power

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any chance of a new beta build of USBL GX to enable the d2x 10 beta 53 alt functions? ( both usb ports, hotswap HDD's )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.