No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, I first searched for half an hour, but haven't found something...sadly
frown.gif

So, I have enough of some Games that requires an IOS which I haven't installed, and I would like to start fresh, with the IOSes, and for all the Trucha-Bug enabled...so I'm looking for something like a "TruchaCorp-Package", so all IOS with the Trucha-Bug patched. And no, I don't want to go to 4.0, I want to stay at 3.2 for some time. Now, since cIOSCORP has also the custom DIP Patch, which I don't want and need, Is there any other Package out there that only have the Trucha-Bug patched?

If there isn't one, will this work:

1)Extract .wads with WUFE
2)Patch Bug in all .wads with freethebug.bat
3)Re-Install 3.2E (just to be shure)
3)Install .wads with Multiple WAD Installer

? I know it's dangerous if something goes wrong with Patching, but I think I'm willing to take the risk.

So anyone has some Infos if this will work, or even better, if there's a Package floating around?

~Blue-K

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this question is really interesting. I'm on 4.0 but I ran IOSDowngrader to enable the Trcuha Bug again (I think it just installs old IOS wich had the Trucha bug) and now my legit Games (in this case Mario Kart) want an Update. If I would patch the WADs from the games disc with Trucha Bug and install them the games would find new IOS but it would have the Trucha bug, right?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it does only download IOSes which are not already on the Wii?
Can you modify it (or make a second version) which Updates all IOSes to the latest versions (but with Trucha Bug)?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mousex said:
But it does only download IOSes which are not already on the Wii?
Can you modify it (or make a second version) which Updates all IOSes to the latest versions (but with Trucha Bug)?

That won't work for all IOS, as far as I've got it. Some IOS like IOS37 have been updated, and are unpatchable with the Trucha-Bug, at least I've read that somewhere... EDIT: Looks like I'm (again) wrong...

@icefireicefire: Well, that sounds awesome
smile.gif
. Let's wait a little bit...

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
It just downloads the latest version of the IOS then installs it with trucha patched in.
So if I with my 4.0 Wii but old IOSes use your (already released) app (from the other thread) it will Update ll IOSes but with Trucha Bug?
For example: I have IOS35 v1040, would it download IOS35 v3092 and patch it? This would be awesome and I wouldn't need any Update Blocker as I would be on the newest firmware with newest IOSEs and Mario Kart would be pleased
smile.gif

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes. That is the point of my isntaller (but I'm not sure if it works...).

HOWEVER the system menu version will be set to be OLDER than 3.2. This is because I want to make sure that if you brick with like a theme, you can update and unbrick with savemiifrii (I can remove this anytime).

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds promising
smile.gif

At the moment I'minstalling my selfpatched WADs (only the ones needed for Mario kart) to see if this works. I would tets your application if you could upload a version which doesn't patch the sysmenu version. I don't do much things which could cause a brick (neither theming nor selfmade homebrew channels).

EDIT: No update message from Mario Karty anymore.
Now I would love to test your app without the version modifying.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mousex said:
This sounds promising
smile.gif

At the moment I'minstalling my selfpatched WADs (only the ones needed for Mario kart) to see if this works. I would tets your application if you could upload a version which doesn't patch the sysmenu version. I don't do much things which could cause a brick (neither theming nor selfmade homebrew channels).

What, you too
tongue.gif
? I was bored, and extracted and Patched all IOS from Mario Power Tennis. Not all the IOS are the newest one, because 4.0 updated nearly all of them, but some seems to be Up-to-Date. Patching went fast, around 10 seconds. Now I'm thinking if I should Install these or wait for icefires Intsaller...guess I'll wait...If something goes wrong, I can bale icefire, and not myself (JK)
tongue.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
What, you too
tongue.gif
? I was bored, and extracted and Patched all IOS from Mario Power Tennis. Not all the IOS are the newest one, because 4.0 updated nearly all of them, but some seems to be Up-to-Date. Patching went fast, around 10 seconds. Now I'm thinking if I should Install these or wait for icefires Intsaller...guess I'll wait...If something goes wrong, I can bale icefire, and not myself (JK)
tongue.gif

I used the Updates from Mario Kart and no game asked for a Update after this (not even Wii Music or Mario Power Tennis which are the newest ones I have). Only Zelda wanted an Update for IOS9 so I extracted-patched-installed it and tested the other games.
Only problem is that copied games wont start with MenuPatcher, you can see the Banner but the game gives an error screen. But as I wanted to play my originals without Gecko OS I reached my goal
smile.gif

QUOTE(icefireicefire @ Mar 27 2009, 08:57 PM) http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/ice...r_noversion.dol

FYI, this only installs new IOS60, 61, 50, 38, 53, and 55, not any others. I'll make a version for all of them if you want though.
I'll test it in a few minutes.

EDIT: Downloaded, patched and installed IOS60, then wanted to install Sysmenu 4.0 and patch the version number but failed to create the temporary directory.
icefire, are you on some IRC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sub-50 for a >20k mAh battery with 100w PD charging? Fuckin sold