Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SpAM_CAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to reinstall my cIOScorp under 4.0E... but everytime it bricks! I had preloader, so no biggie. I tried the MiiWii version too, and it worked fine. MightyMouse, you told me to also install cIOS60HK... Thanks for the brick mate
smile.gif

It seems that it is cIOS60 causing the problem... I think I read somewhere about changing the System Menu IOS in preloader, and reinstalling it... but which IOS?

Last time (when it worked) I had preloader, DVDx, cIOS rev8 and 4.0E. I installed cIOScorp and yippee it worked perfectly
biggrin.gif

But now... nothing...

Help meeeeeeeeeee!!!!

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
reinstall cios60hk, when you turn the wii back on it will say corrupt. Turn off the wii and turn on while holding the reset button so preloader loads. open the HBC and reinstall preloader. Everything should be great.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spam_Can: The problem STEMS from preloader. Preloader needs a special patch added to IOS60... When you install the cIOScorps IOS60, preloader no longer works with the system menu.

What you need to do is install all of the cioscorps files and then when your wii "bricks" load up preloader. At this point you have 2 options.

You can either reinstall preloader from within preloader (use the HBC and run the installer, this will readd the preloader patch to the new IOS60)

OR

You can change preloader to use IOS36 from the preloader menu.

Either way after you do that you'll regain access to the system menu.

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well loads of people have installed preloader, then installed ios60hk, then installed preloader again then installed cioscorp and had no issues

so i dont see how you bricked doing that, you must be doing something wrong

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, not dumb. This has happened to quite a few people and it isn't really documented in the instructions for preloader (unless I missed it)

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the patching of the system menu by preloader is necessary for it to work with the new system menus... Though I guess credair could always do a quick scan of IOS60 when the wii boots to check and make sure the patch is still there, and repatch it if the IOS has been modified since it last ran.

Unfortunately that could add another couple seconds to the wii boot time. Not sure...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazons-cloud-unit-pauses-orders-134219461.html?guccounter=1 mmm