Chibi-Robo English translation for Wii

Anthe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is a great project. I hope it won't drive Wii prices for Chibi Robo up :P. I'll be looking for a copy thanks to this project!

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I hope it won't drive Wii prices for Chibi Robo up :P.
Nothing would prove the success of my patch more! But yeah, part of the idea was to make the game accessible, since Game Cube version is way overpriced today!

Thank you for your message. We're still beta testing, but we're getting there, as some members of my team are getting close to completing the game!

Retroshaffer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Nothing would prove the success of my patch more! But yeah, part of the idea was to make the game accessible, since Game Cube version is way overpriced today!

Thank you for your message. We're still beta testing, but we're getting there, as some members of my team are getting close to completing the game!
Can you make a set release date please?

• Sad
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Can you make a set release date please?
It's planned for next Sunday : I wanted to leave my beta testers a little bit more time to finish the game, but now you got them all stressed out! :)

Also know that the files have to be submitted to Romhacking, so please don't hold it against me if the patch is released on Monday or so!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Final weekend, ladies and gentlemen, your patience is about to be rewarded...

jenny birthday2.png

Mikef1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will either of these Chibi-Robo Jap.wbfs files work with your patch?

MD5 hash checksum: 012f8ba3e26869ef9ba754a376b453cc
or
MD5 hash checksum: f798b76082ca44422acadddae1d3c6fb

Thank-you for all your efforts; Mike

Last edited by Mikef1,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Will either of these Chibi-Robo Jap.wbfs files work with your patch?

MD5 hash checksum: 012f8ba3e26869ef9ba754a376b453cc
or
MD5 hash checksum: f798b76082ca44422acadddae1d3c6fb

Thank-you for all your efforts; Mike
Hi, @Mikef1 ,

I checked the MD5 of the WBFS I made with my retail copy of the game, and it's c57e85808e406b247462bae95c133d51.

However, I think it's important to remember that your MD5 might be different, just because the "UPDATE" partition was dumped (I always get rid of it with my own WBFS).

That circles us back to the conversation I had with some of you earlier this year : having a different MD5 is not an issue, as long as your patch is file replacement.

So assuming your ISO or WBFS was correctly dumped and you follow the instruction, MD5 won't really matter (whereas it would be fundamental with an IPS patch for example).

We'll talk about this again if you encounter difficulties with the upcoming patch, but I'm not really concerned.

Have a nice evening. :)

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Romhacking Just rejected the patch, pretending it contains copyrighted elements. I believe it must be the readme? I'll see to create a "barebone" version, or host it elsewhere, like I did with patches that were too heavy for Romhacking.

Sorry for the delay, everyone!

Mr_Cheddarcheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Romhacking Just rejected the patch, pretending it contains copyrighted elements. I believe it must be the readme? I'll see to create a "barebone" version, or host it elsewhere, like I did with patches that were too heavy for Romhacking.

Sorry for the delay, everyone!
o wowie.

dedication you and your team did on this translation is quite impressive, so take your time on the process bdw

Last edited by Mr_Cheddarcheese,
Reactions: CAugustusM

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
o wowie.

i dunno if mediafire can work,
but dedication you and your team did on this translation is quite impressive, so take your time on the process bdw
I think the simplest thing to do would be to still have a Romhacking page, which would redirect you to a Google drive download link. That's what I did with Ikenie, the "reginleiv" movies, etc.,

Whatever was too heavy for the website.

That way I'd still be on romhacking, which is very useful for visibility, but we'd lose the download counter (sadly).

I'll go back home for lunch and see what I can do.
Post automatically merged:

We're back in the submission queue, and this time the patch is hosted elsewhere, so I believe there won't be any issue with the illustrations from the readme.

If everything fails, I'll have to remove them from the file, which would be a shame (I was kinda proud of this "appliance instruction booklet effect" I had done), but that will be a small price to pay.

Let's hope they get the time to review it before WE! I'm so sorry the big announcement got delayed!

sub.png

Last edited by Brand Newman,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Romhacking changed the rules again ; apparently I can't use a dropbox direct link anymore (presumedly, it takes you to an intermediate page, which I just tested and found out was wrong).

Anyway, I'm getting tired of this, and in the meantime Twitter (which is my best way of informing people of the existence of my work) is collapsing...

I'll put a direct download link here tonight, and see if I can provide a different version of the readme for Romhacking later (probably a barebone "txt" file, or some PDF with no image whatsoever).

I'll let you know about the download link when I'm back from work. This is really not the way I imagined the release, but whatever! :sad:

1UpJohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Brand Newman I appreciate all the work you are doing and very much look forward to trying this out. Not having it on Romhacking would be a huge blow. That's where people would look for something like this. I hope that can be resolved.

Reactions: CAugustusM

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
@Brand Newman I appreciate all the work you are doing and very much look forward to trying this out. Not having it on Romhacking would be a huge blow. That's where people would look for something like this. I hope that can be resolved.
Everytime I put a translation online there, it gets harder and harder. But I believe it's because I like to put pictures in the readme.

I'll try another time with a "bland" readme file, but will put a "personal" download link here too, so you can play the game this we (13 years of waiting is enough).

When I succeed with Romhacking, I'll just update the link.

But right now I'm mostly worried about Twitter becoming buggy before I can tell people about the patch there, hence my desire to publish it. If some of you follow me there, thank you in advance for sharing! ;)

LokiCat33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I just wanted to thank you for your work on the English patch you are making for the New Play Control version of Chibi-Robo! on Wii! Especially right now since Chibi-Robo! on GameCube is not a cheap game to own. I can’t wait to play it! In fact, I’m in the process of ordering a Japanese copy of the game so I can play the patch!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello. I just wanted to thank you for your work on the English patch you are making for the New Play Control version of Chibi-Robo! on Wii! Especially right now since Chibi-Robo! on GameCube is not a cheap game to own. I can’t wait to play it! In fact, I’m in the process of ordering a Japanese copy of the game so I can play the patch!
Thanks! The patch will be online this weekend, one way or another : I did one last attempt with Romhacking, and will see if the submission queue moves between today and tomorrow.

I'll just wait a little bit more to see if the patch gets accepted this time (readme shoudn't be an issue anymore) : that way I won't have users download from two different links, and the download counter on Romhacking will be accurate.

Sorry to keep you all waiting, let's give it one last shot with RH!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch