Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
This works.
add your PlayStation through add host but make sure to make the display name different from the name that shows up when searching for available PlayStations.

For example, my PS5 is named PSPali and showed as such automatically in chiaki. I added it instead through add host and just gave it the name PS5 and registered it. I see my added PS5 and PSPali below it as unregistered. The registered PS5 works.

Add host and using your consoles name does not work either, you have to make the display name different
A gentleman and a scholar! What a wonderful workaround! Thank you

DDNS/Registration fix

deuter0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The latest PS5 update made Chiaki incorrectly interprets console version resulting in selecting wrong RP protocol for PS5.
While waiting for the official patch, I did some change to the code to temporarily fix this and also made it possible to connect remotely by using DDNS address instead of public IP.

Here you go!

Edited:
1 Dec 2022 - update to match the latest official commit (74d39e63)

Attachments

• chiaki-74d39e63-ps5-ddns-fixed.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 154
Last edited by deuter0n,

Amahil

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The latest PS5 update made Chiaki incorrectly interprets console version resulting in selecting wrong RP protocol for PS5.
While waiting for the official patch, I did some change to the code to temporarily fix this and also made it possible to connect remotely by using DDNS address instead of public IP.

Here you go!
I used your .nro and still get the error "registration failed" and my PS5 gives me an error - something went wrong.

It's working perfectly on my windows pc but now on my switch, any solution / help for it :)?

Geier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Here you go!
I use your .nro and it finally fixed the DDNS issue.
Thank you!

Reactions: deuter0n

tinoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here you go!
Thank you for this , also is it possible to remap the A and B buttons so it reflects the Xbox set up

Geier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So does this mean I can connect to my ps5 from different internet Connection?
I don't know exactly what you mean, but I try to explain it.

If you want to remote play on your PS4 or PS5 over Internet, before you have to put in your public IPv4 address in the configuration file.
Now it's possible to put in your dynamic DNS address. For me this is much more convenient, because my public IPv4 address changes every day and so I had to change the config every day when I want to play.

Last edited by Geier,

RoyGelissen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know exactly what you mean, but I try to explain it.

If you want to remote play on your PS4 or PS5 over Internet, before you have to put in your public IPv4 address in the configuration file.
Now it's possible to put in your dynamic DNS address. For me this is much more convenient, because my public IPv4 address changes every day and so I had to change the config every day when I want to play.
Thanks for explaining. Get it now haha🤣. Thought maybe this would take the port forwarding away when you wanna connect to your ps5 from another internet connection.

Geier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wait...its not possible to play over the actual internet right? Only LAN. Or am I missing something here?
It's possible to play over internet. You just have to open the following ports on your router:
UDP 9295 - 9297
TCP 9295

When you want to wake up your console following port:
UDP 9302 (for PS5)
UDP 987 (for PS4)

Reactions: TidusTran

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible to play over internet. You just have to open the following ports on your router:
UDP 9295 - 9297
TCP 9295

When you want to wake up your console following port:
UDP 9302 (for PS5)
UDP 987 (for PS4)
OH damn...how risky is it though? Is the connection secure via Sonys servers or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel