• Poll closed .

H0neyBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This works really well thanks so much. Can easily swipe on the game now. I need to use a slight overclock for the remote play to run correctly, is this an issue as I can still use this version you sent and seems to work fine?

Thanks again
Hello,
are you running in 720p + 60 fps ?
or do you have a different setup ?
which value are you using for your Overclock?
thanks for your help,

What’s the likelihood of using this app to turn on the PS4? I’ve never used remote play much before so I don’t even know if it’s doable on legit apps let alone something like this.

from the the main GUI you may try to use the Y button to send a wakup packet.

https://github.com/thestr4ng3r/chiaki support the PS4 rp wakeup, but it never worked for me.
maybe there is a configuration check box somewhere. Or maybe my implementation does not work.

Hey bro, would you like some help on the app? I am a software developer with over 10 years of experience. I haven't worked with low level programming languages in a while but I could give it a try if that would be helpful. I just need to know what should I get in my development environment to be able to help. Awesome work man!

any help is greatly appreciated. ping me in private message, I will do my best to answer all your question ;-)
the first step is to have a good dev environment with the latest devkitpro.
as long as you are able to build and run https://github.com/switchbrew/switch-examples you can contribute to any homebrew project.

To have to press in the middle of the screen I find not too practical.
Might as well put the touch directly on both sides, no ?

Hello Haevens,
Maybe I misunderstood your messages.
the push button is already in screen's border.
the center is only for touch "gestures" (swipe ...)

Legend Of Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
from the the main GUI you may try to use the Y button to send a wakup packet.

https://github.com/thestr4ng3r/chiaki support the PS4 rp wakeup, but it never worked for me.
maybe there is a configuration check box somewhere. Or maybe my implementation does not work.

I’m currently using the non-gui version since that is the most stable. Is the gui fairly stable now?

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Kaybag,
It depends of your definition of sable.
the latest binary is stable (I think/hope) it just lack of some features.
Let's say the app is running and in beta, but between the latest nro and the one in the front page, there is hasn't been much change under the hood. I might be wrong though.

But features are still being implemented to the switch.

the latest build has a gui but doesn't perform better or worse than previous build.

Regardless you should give it a try.

Great job on the gui H0neyBadger It's coming along nicely

Reactions: H0neyBadger

H0neyBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Let's say the app is running and in beta, but between the latest nro and the one in the front page, there is hasn't been much change under the hood. I might be wrong though.

But features are still being implemented to the switch.

the latest build has a gui but doesn't perform better or worse than previous build.

Regardless you should give it a try.

Great job on the gui H0neyBadger It's coming along nicely
Hello Djakku,
you are right. there is no big change in its core feature.

one major change is, I reuse @rock88 's moonlight-switch optimization for the h264 decode context,
thanks to him, the overclock is no longer required !
(I was particularly worried by the overclock issue, he literally saved the project)

Legend Of Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello Djakku,
you are right. there is no big change in its core feature.

one major change is, I reuse @rock88 's moonlight-switch optimization for the h264 decode context,
thanks to him, the overclock is no longer required !
(I was particularly worried by the overclock issue, he literally saved the project)

Is there a build available with this? I have 0 idea of how to build stuff from github. Absolute no clue so i can only downlaod from release pages.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, it works really well ! (tried Persona5Royal on ps4pro)
thanks a lot for this new version (page 13)

tbh, I had some graphical bugs at 540@30, then tried 540@60, 720@30, 720@60(thank you for the GUI, I got a lot faster to test those compared to the non-GUI version, obviously^^), it got worse and worse, wasn't completely unplayable at 720@60, but not really enjoyable with so much graphical issues...then I held L+DP-Down+RS for the overclocking overlay and just went with everything maxed out lol, and suddenly, everthing looked perfect ! (can anyone share their exact OC settings ? maxed out is surely overkill)

Wake up with Y did work for me too btw !

thanks again for this ^^

Reactions: Djakku

W0NDERwaffle3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

tbh, I had some graphical bugs at 540@30, then tried 540@60, 720@30, 720@60(thank you for the GUI, I got a lot faster to test those compared to the non-GUI version, obviously^^), it got worse and worse, wasn't completely unplayable at 720@60, but not really enjoyable with so much graphical issues...then I held L+DP-Down+RS for the overclocking overlay and just went with everything maxed out lol, and suddenly, everthing looked perfect ! (can anyone share their exact OC settings ? maxed out is surely overkill)

thanks again for this ^^
Overclock shouldn’t be needed but if it helped you only CPU should be tweaked. 12 should do it

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, Ive downloaded the chiaki.nro file from first page and transferred it to the switch folder.
I am able to see the application on hbloader but after starting the application nothing happens. Im just getting a black screen.
Where can I enter my PS4 account details?

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, Ive downloaded the chiaki.nro file from first page and transferred it to the switch folder.
I am able to see the application on hbloader but after starting the application nothing happens. Im just getting a black screen.

You need to set it up first.
Read the page on the github on how to get started, create the config file and save it in the same folder as the nro file.
[YOURPS4]
host_ip = "192.168.0.100"
video_resolution = "720p"
video_resolution = 60
psn_account_id = "SEE FIRST POST ON HOW TO GET YOURS"
rp_key = "SEE FIRST POST ON HOW TO GET YOURS"
rp_regist_key = "SEE FIRST POST ON HOW TO GET YOURS"
rp_key_type = SEE FIRST POST ON HOW TO GET YOURS

Last edited by Djakku,

whobroughtben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@H0neyBadger just wanted to say thanks so much for your time and effort put into this app!

I just tried out the latest version you released & it’s performing so much better for me. I can now run at 720P with 60 FPS without any fragmentation :D

The touchpad changes in this latest release are fantastic, and the GUI with config settings is a wonderful addition.

Wake up packets don’t work for me, but that’s not a big deal at all.

Reactions: H0neyBadger

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thanks again for this ^^
I do not remember which overclock settings I am using but I do remember setting the gpu to minimum.

H0neyBadger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

with the latest gui you should have a basic menu white screen. maybe you are using an older chiaki.nro file. could you check / share the size / md5 of your nro file. it might help to compare and verify the nro in front page

@Djakku from the latest draft the configuration can be managed from the gui (the top right gear icon) or for a specific host the X button from the main menu. (it requires a lot of improvement btw).
but the config method still work if needed

Last edited by H0neyBadger,
Reactions: Djakku

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
with the latest gui you should have a basic menu white screen. maybe you are using an older chiaki.nro file. could you check / share the size / md5 of your nro file. it might help to compare and verify the nro in front page

@Djakku from the latest draft the configuration can be managed from the gui (the top right gear icon) or for a specific host the X button from the main menu. (it requires a lot of improvement btw).
but the config method still work if needed

MD5 = 552f6d22993371fc7dcc0338417c024b

EDIT: I had to reboot to atmosphere again and now Im able to see the GUI.
I have never used python or anything similar. How exactly can I obtain my Account-ID?
Im using a PS4 Pro with the latest firmware (7.51)

Last edited by fenomeno0chris,

Legend Of Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: fenomeno0chris

whobroughtben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to simulate a touchpad press from a Nintendo switch pro controller with a button combination? That would be perfect for docked gameplay.

Fever86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been using this for a while now. The addition of the GUI is really nice and I'm getting an excellent experience with no overclock now too.

Excellent work! Looking forward to seeing how much you can tweak and improve it.

Reactions: Broduskii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game