• Poll closed .

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
It took me a while to set everything up but I finally did it!
The only downside is in games where timing plays an important role such as dead by daylight. A small input delay is noticeable here, but that also happens with the remote play on my PC. Even in games where the image is fast, such as racing games, I notice a slight loss of quality, which is apparently normal.
Glad i din't buy that psportal!

Tmofnrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took me a while to set everything up but I finally did it!
The only downside is in games where timing plays an important role such as dead by daylight. A small input delay is noticeable here, but that also happens with the remote play on my PC. Even in games where the image is fast, such as racing games, I notice a slight loss of quality, which is apparently normal.
Glad i din't buy that psportal!
This is a problem on your end maybe your wifi or something, there is no lag or delay or loss of quality on my end

2excal7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ahh don't have a PC but I'll remember this thread if I ever get to one and have my switch handy!
I recommend not using outdated software like the other guy just referred you to, and use NTON instead to create the forwarder. Last I checked it didn't have a GUI to go with it, but it does now, so now I can actually recommend this to people. :P

https://github.com/rlaphoenix/nton

As per usual, dump your own prod.keys first.

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a problem on your end maybe your wifi or something, there is no lag or delay or loss of quality on my end
Choose your words carefully as what you have said cannot be the case.

How the f is there no delay if your inputs are on the remote end and framebuffer is on the local ps5? how can there be no loss of quality when this entire software is based on ffmpeg adaptive compression and only supports up to 720p/1080p max? maybe you mean its low enough latency and quality loss that you can't perceive a difference? but that is so just so subjective, i've had friends say super mario world on a raspberry pi with 150ms lag "is perfect" and i guess that is whats going on here, you are playing power wash simulator sitting next to your AX router and hardwired ps5 and can't notice.
Could you tell us about your lagless 4k network setup?

• Haha
Reactions: Tmofnrev

2excal7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Choose your words carefully as what you have said cannot be the case.

How the f is there no delay if your inputs are on the remote end and framebuffer is on the local ps5? how can there be no loss of quality when this entire software is based on ffmpeg adaptive compression and only supports up to 720p/1080p max? maybe you mean its low enough latency and quality loss that you can't perceive a difference? but that is so just so subjective, i've had friends say super mario world on a raspberry pi with 150ms lag "is perfect" and i guess that is whats going on here, you are playing power wash simulator sitting next to your AX router and hardwired ps5 and can't notice.
Could you tell us about your lagless 4k network setup?
Thank you for this lol, I had similar thoughts as well when I read that post, but couldn't care enough to write a response because honestly, if the average not-so-tech-savvy person doesn't know about how video compression works and isn't actively looking for the imperfections, then about 90% of the time they probably really wouldn't notice them - they'd be the same people who'll tell you that there's no difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. :P

On that note, if you're one of those people, I hope you'll learn something new from this classic video.

Reactions: sith

Mvp253

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does rumble work on the newest release? I haven’t been able to figure that out. Otherwise, the performance is much improved.

Mvp253

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does rumble work on the newest release? I haven’t been able to figure that out. Otherwise, the performance is much improved.
Actually, I think it is game dependent. Doesn't work on games like Ratchet and Clank but works on Horizon. Maybe it has to do with adaptive triggers.

2excal7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
does this support dualsense functionality with missioncontrol ? if not is it possible ?
All MissionControl does is emulate a Pro Controller using inputs from your DualSense (or any other unsupported bluetooth controller). It'll work with anything you play with it, including homebrew apps like Chiaki.

From their GitHub page:
Mission Control is primarily a sysmodule (background process) that gets loaded by Atmosphère at boot time and runs indefinitely alongside the rest of the operating system. It enables the use of unsupported Bluetooth controllers as if they were native Pro Controllers. This means that you can pair and configure new controllers via Nintendo's own system menus, without the need to load additional homebrew applications.

Last edited by 2excal7,

autumns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All MissionControl does is emulate a Pro Controller using inputs from your DualSense (or any other unsupported bluetooth controller). It'll work with anything you play with it, including homebrew apps like Chiaki.

From their GitHub page:
i’m aware that dualsense connects with mission control i just meant like is there a way to use dualsense specific features like adaptive triggers and haptic feedback in chiaki the way u can with a wired dualsense connection in the official remote play app on PC

trung_anh

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Thanks to Averne's response. I think the optimization job is done. Now from my test the latency can be as low as 46ms like my capture below.

Latest build is attached below, and if there is no any big change about ffmpeg, there will be no more update. Current performance can even support fps games well. Latest code is uploaded to , hope one day it can be integraded to official build.
Hi, I'm using this build and remote my ps5, 1080p 60fps. Already OC to 1.5ghz, local network and everything are pretty smooth.

But there is one problem that every 1-2 minute my frame are just pause for 1 sec and resume, audio still running but video are pause then skipping.

Is this because my network or I did some config wrong?

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi, I'm using this build and remote my ps5, 1080p 60fps. Already OC to 1.5ghz, local network and everything are pretty smooth.

But there is one problem that every 1-2 minute my frame are just pause for 1 sec and resume, audio still running but video are pause then skipping.

Is this because my network or I did some config wrong?
I encounter this as well, cannot explain, because even if I use chiaki desktop, the video will sometimes corrupts as well... Maybe the cause is at protocal level we cannot avoid.

trung_anh

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
I encounter this as well, cannot explain, because even if I use chiaki desktop, the video will sometimes corrupts as well... Maybe the cause is at protocal level we cannot avoid.

i think i found the solution on my side, because my router have the beamforming and turn out it's mess up Switch wifi cause the frame drop.
Turn it off solved the issue

chuoitaykohot

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
it work awesome! Look much better
Anyone tried it via internet?
If it can, then no need to install android and use psplay to play ps5 via internet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol