GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Teelow said:
Antoligy said:
Teelow said:
Nice Cool, Which One do I use to update SuperCard v3 Cheats?
As the method of conversion havn't been finalised, SuperCard v3 cheats aren't available yet.
But the latest ones ARE still on cheats.gbatemp.net

ok im new at this, are the SCC on cheats.gbatemp.net for SuperCard?

EDIT: Ok wow im Slow, SCC stands for SuperCard Cheats, well then thanks for the help
When Narin starts being able to update them with the rest (i.e. sooner than you think)
you'll be able to do it from the app. Until then, I'm sorry...

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to run it, it says:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

What do I do?

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I downloaded the latest .NET Framework (3.5) and I'm still getting the same message. Any other ideas/suggestions, Curley? Or anyone else?

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you get the error, all I can think of is that the actual exe did something wrong.
Try redownloading it, and if that doesn't work then I'm sorry. I'll look into it for the next release.

Btw, Depravo, sure bookmarks can work, but some people can't load browsers instantly, so this makes their life easier.

and Vague Rant, please also remember that the one built into AKAIO doesn't like WEP networks. And although it functions,it is unstable.

You can use this tool to download ANY cheat file.

EDIT:
After some searching on the internet, and some other research, it seems like that error is caused by a lack of the .NET framework...
With the next release, I'll also make a version that installs both CheatUp and the required components. It WILL be quite a bit larger though.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
and Vague Rant, please also remember that the one built into AKAIO doesn't like WEP networks. And although it functions,it is unstable.

Not going to diss your program here i'm sure you worked hard on it but a little criticism/feedback ....

Your statement is simply NOT TRUE! even Smiths and Normmatt will tell you that's just rubbish ... the DS with whatever flash card used is incapable of using any other form of router encryption they can ONLY use WEP so to say it has problems with it is wrong it cant use ANYTHING else!!! ..... This is of course excluding the Nintendo WIFI adapter which cannot use any homebrew appz with that connection type anyhow!

Besides that it has built in RESUME function too and also checks if the cheat file is newer than the one present or not ....

Reason it has issues are that the servers have issues too lately the forum fails to load or has trouble and so does the cheat page hence it fails to download or connect!

We have 2 AK 2.1's in this house both using AKAIO 1.4.1 and neither have any problems whatsoever connecting to the net or downloading cheats using the built in cheat updater or the UsrCheatUp nds file which incidentally detects whatever flash card its being used on and downloads the correct cheat file for that card!
smile.gif

I'm sure people will use your program but personally .... I do not see the need AK2 owners have it built in and others use UsrCheatUp and the rest just vist the cheat links on the forum ......

Too add regardless of whichever methods used if the forum here goes down so does NARIN'S cheat files they are hosted on the same server as the forum so whatever method is used it will not be able to update .... UsrCheatUp has a little advantage on this by way of downloading from its creators mirrored host with a quick edit to the ini file
smile.gif

Kudos for the programming and keep up the good work we respect that and all new homebrew apps etc but again seems pointless with the UsrCheatUp.nds file that works on ALL flash cards currently right off the DS without the need of a computer
smile.gif

Additional ... on a positive note ....you may wish to add a button to offer to download the CHEAT(UE).dat file that has the Jap games and other non U/EUR games removed for the benefit of R4 USERS that have the TOO MANY cheats issues! (incidentally it seems to have dropped off NARIN'S cheat file page !?)

edit .Net redistributable is 22.4mb so you may want to reconsider that addition to the download and add a link instead in the readme!

edit 2 additional added!

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
kobykaan said:
Antoligy said:

Not going to diss your program here i'm sure you worked hard on it but a little criticism/feedback ....
... snip
Sure...
I have an AceKard 2.1... but it doesn't download from WEP networks, it works fine in non encrypted...
I'm basing that statement off personal experiance.
Also remember that not everyone owns a wireless network... I wrote this before I got one.
If you're not gonna use this then fine, thats ok,
but please don't make a long post saying the alternatives that some people can't use.

UsrCheatUp only works on R4's for the UsrCheat.dat, even then its useless because it has all the codes inside it, not just some.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

EDIT: The UE and J Cheat.dat links used to be there, but Narin told me to delete them, they have been discontinued because there are too many UE games.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
kobykaan said:
For the benefit of others ...tested this and it loads and works fine!

using WINDOWS XP SP3

I have .NET 2.0 Installed
smile.gif
Many Thanks!
just proves my point that windows suck. and it looks like .NET framework 2 is seperate from 3.5

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
personager said:
Well, I downloaded the latest .NET Framework (3.5) and I'm still getting the same message. Any other ideas/suggestions, Curley? Or anyone else?

install version 2.0 of .Net it works fine with that
smile.gif

what O.S. are you using ?! I'm using XP with SP3
smile.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
kobykaan said:
personager said:

install version 2.0 of .Net it works fine with that
smile.gif

what O.S. are you using ?! I'm using XP with SP3
smile.gif
Vista works fine... but then again, vista also had "all the major updates and patches" from Xp
so that may be something...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.