Hardware Charger slot problem

fs3d fan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
So my psp 1004 was dead for awhile beause I could not charge it but I found out that the yellow thing of my original charger got stuck in the charger slot. Is there any way to fix this?

Surgeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're speaking of the yellow tip on the end of the ac adapter.Take a real small precision flat head screwdriver,and see if you can gently lift it up of the pin of the charger port.Eye glass small little screwdrivers will work also..Just be careful not to bend it.If I remember correctly you can buy the charger port separate but involves taking the unit apart.It's just a small 2 pin plug in to the PCB itself.Best of luck to you...

Last edited by Surgeman,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very easy to replace, the power port. You can find them pretty cheap now. There is no soldering. It's a matter of unplugging the old one and connecting the new one.

Surgeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my psp 1004 was dead for awhile beause I could not charge it but I found out that the yellow thing of my original charger got stuck in the charger slot. Is there any way to fix this?

<<---that should help you out also if you decide to replace it.Good luck!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...