Hacking CFW on an 11.5 3DS with a banned NNID.

ArmoredGuns1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is hardmod the only possible way to add CFW to a 11.5 3DS that has a banned NNID? Attempting to format the console to get rid of the NNID ends up in "an error has occurred". Will using Tinyformat allow me to do a System Transfer so I can add DSiware?

D

Deleted User

Is hardmod the only possible way to add CFW to a 11.5 3DS that has a banned NNID? Attempting to format the console to get rid of the NNID ends up in "an error has occurred". Will using Tinyformat allow me to do a System Transfer so I can add DSiware?
Unfortanitly no it is not possible to get cfw on 11.5 without a hardmod.Did you get banned in in the s/m banwave by any chance? Seeing someone with something banned on ofw is rare.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What error code are you getting?
Also there's no kernel exploit for 11.4+, so you are very limited in options
HardMod
DSiWarehax (requires another already hacked system)
Wait for a kernel hack or NTRBoothax
Buy a 2DS to hack.

ArmoredGuns1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What error code are you getting?
Also there's no kernel exploit for 11.4+, so you are very limited in options
HardMod
DSiWarehax (requires another already hacked system)
Wait for a kernel hack or NTRBoothax
Buy a 2DS to hack.

Yeah I have a spare 2DS with CFW to do the DSiware transfer method. The banned 3DS is unable to do a System Transfer or a format though (Error Code: 005-5964).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah I have a spare 2DS with CFW to do the DSiware transfer method. The banned 3DS is unable to do a System Transfer or a format though (Error Code: 005-5964).
I was actually hoping that it was an error code related to network issues and things like that. It's not uncommon for us to get, "Have I been banned?" and it's just maintenance or network issues.
So actually looking up that error code, Nintendo says, "Calls us." (mini rant, really Nintendo? Why? Why so many error codes for bans? Why can you just list them on the site? Why can't it just say, "You're banned, apply to appeal here"? Why Nintendo? It's 2017 and you guys are stuck in 1999! Next they'll ask you to fax them your system's information!)
So apparently you can call to appeal the ban. You could give that a try and if it works, just preform a DSiwarehax and a system transfer.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Are you using an old 3DS or new one, for the one you want to hack? You could get around not being able to format by transferring to the hacked 2DS, waiting a week, then transferring back for the DSiWare hax. This will only work if you are hacking an old 3DS so the transfers work both ways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...