PS1/2 Castlevania model extraction request

TigerTheGreat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello and welcome to another one of my request threads.

This concerns Castlevania: Lament of Innocence and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for the PS2. I would like to request a way to access the models with animations from these games, particularly those of Leon and Trevor.

Target: I wish to transplant the animations to the model of Sonia Belmont extractable from the Dreamcast prototype of Castlevania: Resurrection in order to give her some decent fighting capabilities.

salazarcosplay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and welcome to another one of my request threads.

This concerns Castlevania: Lament of Innocence and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for the PS2. I would like to request a way to access the models with animations from these games, particularly those of Leon and Trevor.

Target: I wish to transplant the animations to the model of Sonia Belmont extractable from the Dreamcast prototype of Castlevania: Resurrection in order to give her some decent fighting capabilities.
The way I would go about it is to use ninja ripper to open the ps2 emulator run the game and play until the models are on the screen, and capture then models. Ninja ripper will capture all the all the 3d models.

The ninja ripper files can be opened up on blender with the ninja ripper plug in. That you could then export as a 3d model.

Tuhr

Doctor Spaceballs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted that route, I would've done it. But this does not export animations. Only a still frame.
Probably due to unsupported format. For extracting animations from PS2 games using PCSX2, you can use plugins like:

GSdx - This is the graphics plugin for PCSX2, which handles rendering. While primarily used for rendering graphics, some versions of GSdx have features that can assist in debugging and viewing game assets.

ZeroGS - graphics plugin that has features helpful for asset extraction.

Lilypad - This is the plugin for handling input, but has features that are useful for controlling the game during the extraction process.

Additionally, you may need external tools or plugins specifically designed for extracting animations from PS2 game files. These tools can vary depending on the game and file formats used:

PS2Dis - A disassembler for PS2 executable files. It can help in understanding the game's file structure and potentially locating animation data within the game's code.

Noesis - A general-purpose tool for viewing and converting between various 3D model and animation formats. It supports a wide range of file types and may be able to open and extract animations from PS2 game files, depending on the specific format used by the game.

RAD Video Tools - This tool can be used for extracting and converting video files from PS2 games. While it's not specifically for animations, some games may store their animations in video files that can be extracted using RAD Video Tools.

PCSX2 Cheat Converter - While primarily used for creating cheat codes, this tool can also be used to inspect memory values in real-time while a game is running on PCSX2. This could potentially be useful for identifying the memory addresses where animation data is stored.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol