OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
to learn more about the game: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/The_Prophecy

so the prophecy is a classic castlevania clone. the game is pretty far ahead in development. all levels are done, gameplay is implemented, music and SFX are done. i would need a coder to help me finish the game. i cant code at all, have no idea how, but i made all levels, some sprites and all music.

firt thing to be done would be implementing a few enemies, bosses and the music. the rest is debugging, cutscenes and polishing.

the game will feature six stages and bosses. it is suitable for young teens since there is no nudity or explicit violence involved.

the demo you can download from wiibrew actually features the first two levels, including bosses and all. play it.

please help me, it would be sad to never release this game :(

Reactions: 1 person

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you really want people considering joining you should post some details.
Like language, used toolkit/libraries, development platform, target platform (well Wii probably but wiibrew says somthing about "PC" too (which I guess means windows)), etc
Maybe even post some code example.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you really want people considering joining you should post some details.
Like language, used toolkit/libraries, development platform, target platform (well Wii probably but wiibrew says somthing about "PC" too (which I guess means windows)), etc
Maybe even post some code example.

how could I i have no clue what you are talking about. i dont know the language, the toolkit or how the hell the previous coder made that. i am just the audio visual guy who came up with the game. i have not the slightest clue about coding.
all i know is that the game runs on wii and windows and that most of it is done.

also, thanx for the post!

tisdadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that I haven't posted much on this forum, however I do happen to have a degree in Computer Science with a Math Minor, and as such am a programmer. If no one else is able to, as you are doing the art and sound (which are the parts I usually find annoying when creating something), I can take a look at the code. I will send you a PM with more information. Currently I am working on several projects of my own, but could probably take some time to help complete a game. However, I only have dial-up for internet, or whatever I can force out of my phone.

I should be able to identify the language fairly easily by looking at the current coding, and am guessing it is C++ from what I know of Wii programming.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I can confirm that it is indeed C++, however, I will be unable to do the main programming because of something that I wish to avoid. However, if a someone wants advice or help with an algorithm, I can do so.

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I watched the trailer, and I have a suggestion for the developer (and making sprite for the designer): let the player hit vertically ;)
But maybe it was a decision to not allow this?

I hope you'll find a new developer to complete this game :)

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I watched the trailer, and I have a suggestion for the developer (and making sprite for the designer): let the player hit vertically ;)

actually you can hit upwards and downwards, at least diagonally ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, diagonally only. It makes the game harder as you need to move and position correctly away from the enemy when you are bellow it.
That's why I thought maybe it was a restriction to make the game harder.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like in Super Castlevania IV.... add the moonwalk too! lol

best of lucks with the project, it looks really cool! :)

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Sorry dude not many coders around here. Next thing you could try is hunt down some people on twitter but you need a person who knows boths C++ and working on hardware and has the time to finish it by himself. I would try but I can't work on anything in c++ or the stuff which you need right now.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
ive been looking for a year now, i am patient. if all else fails, ill teach myself game maker and start from scratch. i would dislike taht because then its a PC game not a PC/Wii game anymore but i will finish this. maybe ill find a coder anyway^^

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This pisses me off. Here we have a game that looks beyond awesome and no one can help? This is probably the best HB game on wii, the others are basic crap that is boring, I wish I was a coder for this reason alone.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
And how do you think coders became ones ? They didn't exactly came up with coding skills through magic, they spent quite a lot of time of their lives learning to code but you could do as well if you really wanted...

Now, for a non-professional (understand not paid) developer, It's sometime hard to get motivated for something you didn't created in the first place.
Most if not all homebrew coders, at least those putting some serious efforts in projects, are coding for themselves, not for others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also j cole was right to step out of the diss battle imo, he dodged a bullet witth that one