Hardware cant tell if its a controller issue or the console itself

tiamat999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sunday i tried turning on my ps4 and the controller started blinking a white light and it wont resync no matter what. the other thing is i put the always connect to internet option on. after just turning it off and leaving the console unplugged for a little worked than the next day same thing ps4 controller blinking white and ps4 disconnected

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There's a little hole behind the DS4 controller, press the button inside of it with a needle or a toothpick and resync your controller again with your PS4.

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
if it works in Safe Mode, you have either corrupted firmware in NOR Flash chip, or failure of the BT/Wi-Fi module, both are repairable, but you need special tools (for reading/writing firmware from NOR flash chip) and quite a bit of knowledge to fix this. I do this sort of repair, if you need help in sorting this out, send me PM here or on ebay: https://goo.gl/xXEtmw

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
Umm can't he just use recovery to reinstall firmware?

I mean maybe the setting to use usb only instead of bluetooth was enabled:unsure:
there is no such setting in PS4, it always uses Bluetooth to communicate with controller, regardless if it's connected via USB or not in OS, only in Safe Mode it uses USB, that's why it worked for him there. Also, if firmware portion of the flash is corrupted, it won't allow you to reinstall - it will give you Software Update error message, or if Bluetooth module is defective, then updating firmware won't do anything, it still won't sync after update

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no such setting in PS4, it always uses Bluetooth to communicate with controller, regardless if it's connected via USB or not in OS, only in Safe Mode it uses USB, that's why it worked for him there. Also, if firmware portion of the flash is corrupted, it won't allow you to reinstall - it will give you Software Update error message, or if Bluetooth module is defective, then updating firmware won't do anything, it still won't sync after update
Cqj-om4WcAAGtE7.jpg

Reactions: Bowl0l

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
by default the system is set to communicate using Bluetooth, so he can't get to this menu, because controller won't sync now (and won't respond when connected via USB) when his system is in OS

Last edited by testerfan,

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried the SHARE+PS Button combo to sync from the bluetooth devices screen?

delete all the other bluetooth devices rom that screen first, then press and hold SHARE + PS button on the unsynced controller

it will blink MORE QUICKLY than a normal connection blink and hopefully appear in the bluetooth menu. then you use the already connected controller to accept sync

EDIT sorry i should state you need 1 other controller already synced to use this method

xxmeetxx1

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey, I am having the same issue currently, i i h this issue earlier but it started working on its own and now it's back again. Please help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, I am having thr same issue, i had it earlier but it started working properly on it own and now its back again. Pleasee helpp!!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am having the same issue currently, i i h this issue earlier but it started working on its own and now it's back again. Please help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, I am having thr same issue, i had it earlier but it started working properly on it own and now its back again. Pleasee helpp!!!

should've started your own thread, since this thread is three years old, but I'll try to help. were you using a ps4 exploit? sometimes you'll get a kp and the controller won't sync then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel