Homebrew Can't install themes!

marcelperez24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea, may not work but let's try it, open up nintendo official themes app, and just choose a random black or red theme. After that exit and try opening chmm again
i'll try this first then, i'll edit this post with what happens

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have an idea, may not work but let's try it, open up nintendo official themes app, and just choose a random black or red theme. After that exit and try opening chmm again

okay so open up the app, then go out and choose a random generic theme and then open chmm (through .cia or chmm2 on homebrew? i'll probably get the same error message, but lets try

EDIT: same error as before

Last edited by marcelperez24,

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll try this right now. hope I get results. all my games and saves files are in the sd card so formatting the 3ds wont do anything right?

From my understanding the way it works is that removing the sd card keeps the 3ds from deleting the system folders and files that are already in the Nintendo 3ds folder on the sd card and are being used by your emunand while allowing it to make system folders/files for the newly formatted nand. Your saves and everything should be ok on your emunand, just make sure you eject the card before formatting your sysnand.

You may have issues with your nnid on emunand after formatting, but I'm not totally sure about the details on that.

marcelperez24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlinking the nands involves formatting the system in sysnand with the sd card removed.

I was trying to use one of the basic color themes and it killed menuhax every time. Reinstalling menuhax gave me the default theme in emunand. I assume that since they were linked they were sharing theme information.

OH MY GOD THIS WORKED!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH I'VE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH THIS THEME BULLSHIT SINCE I HACKED THE 3DS!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Unlinking the nands must have been the problem because everytime I applied a theme it stuck to both the sysnand and emunand

I wont even touch non-cia themes really, I dont want anymore problems haha

and to everyone else who helped me in the thread, thank you! (for now atleast until some problem shows up i'll bump the thread lmao)

Reactions: cooroxd and TerryG

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Last edited by Astoria,
Reactions: katrain

wintermute808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY GOD THIS WORKED!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH I'VE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH THIS THEME BULLSHIT SINCE I HACKED THE 3DS!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Unlinking the nands must have been the problem because everytime I applied a theme it stuck to both the sysnand and emunand

I wont even touch non-cia themes really, I dont want anymore problems haha

and to everyone else who helped me in the thread, thank you! (for now atleast until some problem shows up i'll bump the thread lmao)
Now that your nands are unlinked you could install custom themes using the exdata tool. It would be a way to install non .cia themes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Here's one thats even better. https://youtu.be/Wx5HOQuP7Xk +1