PS1/2 Can you flash a ps3?

RandomAzn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can flash a xbox 360 can you do that with a ps3 or would you recomend a mod chip. If mod chip what kind?

Thank you in advacne

~RandomAzn

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's no such mod chip for the PS3 as of now. And there isn't any flashing to the PS3 blu-ray drive to play backups. The only thing done is playing burned PS2 games on the launched and early PS3 systems with backward compatibility.

The modchip is to only downgrade and upgrade the PS3. He's asking flash like the xbox 360 playing backups and flashing the drive (ie: using a sata cable...ect)

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 can be flashed with updates and downgrades, but they are not hacked yet. Ps2 games loaded through usb and ps2 swap magic is all there is. Infectus is the only chip that i know of for the ps3, acually its for a lot ta things, but it doesn't serve a purpose for the ps3 besides as a programmer, to change update versions, and real time patching...

Sony did quite a good job on their PlayStation again...

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
RandomAzn said:
PettingZoo said:

What's wrong with the ps3?
There's nothing wrong with the Ps3, it has pretty good graphics, I prefer skate on my friends Ps3. Though it's just not the gaming console for me, that's all
smileipb2.png

RandomAzn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtfisausername said:
PS3 can be flashed with updates and downgrades, but they are not hacked yet. Ps2 games loaded through usb and ps2 swap magic is all there is. Infectus is the only chip that i know of for the ps3, acually its for a lot ta things, but it doesn't serve a purpose for the ps3 besides as a programmer, to change update versions, and real time patching...

Sony did quite a good job on their PlayStation again...

K thank you is getting a mod chip like the same thing?

"There's nothing wrong with the Ps3, it has pretty good graphics, I prefer skate on my friends Ps3. Though it's just not the gaming console for me, that's all smileipb2.png. "

Are you an xbox 360 person?

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RandomAzn said:
PettingZoo said:

Nothing. But considering you in here asking about flashing it to play backups, I'm thinking you would have probably been better off with a 360. Not trying to turn this into a fanboy thread or anything, just stating facts as I own both systems.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
754boy said:
RandomAzn said:
PettingZoo said:

Nothing. But considering you in here asking about flashing it to play backups, I'm thinking you would have probably been better off with a 360. Not trying to turn this into a fanboy thread or anything, just stating facts as I own both systems.
So you're basically reducing gamers to a bunch of assholes who always prefer the system that's easier to hack, regardless of the games available?

Diviance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you could flash a ps3 system the cost of a 20gb blu ray disc is @ 20€ at most retailers and a decent burner is well over 100€. Also ever tried backing up a blu ray film it takes ages and sucks up a crapload of gb's. I dont buy that many games but on average in holland atleast ps3 games fall down in price fast, killzone was released march/feb i ordered it mid april for 49€ at a major retailer.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
i heard that the ps3 has by far the most secure security for hacking it

75% chance u might brick it if u try to hack it
its only for expierienced hackers

well it features a 512bit encryption