Can you dail whatsapp number like a telephone number?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i've never used whatsapp before, so i was wondering if whatsapp numbers are actually telephone numbers that you can dial using a regular phone?

i guess what i'm asking is, can i dail a whatsapp number using an old telephone?

thanks for letting me know!

Last edited by blueagent004,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All whatsapp numbers are real phone numbers (or were at the time of activation - it's possible to move the whatsapp account to a device that is not the one which now has that phone number!)

Reactions: blueagent004

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, of course. Whatsapp "accounts" are just numbers. What I am not sure is about the prefix.

For example, here in Spain que use the prefix (0034) [9 digit number] (0034 601 601 601), but if you buy a number here in spain, and you go to England, for example, I'm not sure if the whatsapp number will be updated adding the new prefix (which in England, is 0044).

But, in basic terms: As long as that phone can ring and the phone who has the number can get calls, yes, you can call with an old phone.

Reactions: blueagent004

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ah i see! i learnt something very useful today, so thank you very much everyone!

wow what a relief! now i can finally get in contact with someone i was supposed to contact 2 weeks ago (i was too shy to dial his whatsapp number with my phone because i didn't want to get yelled at by unknown strangers, in the event that his whatsapp number wasn't his real telephone number)

Last edited by blueagent004,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ