Hacking Can some one with a Hardware Mod confirm whether this will work ?

xeon111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i saw this on Max console , does this really work.
Can someone with a hardware mod confirm this ?

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...ide-to-using-a-retail-cart-to-upgrade-emunand

So like a lot of people since nintendo pumped out 8.2 ive been stuck on 4.5 firmware now normally this isn't an issue but for game in particular it is specifically local trading in pokemon xy I repeat local trading via infared or wifi this function does not work unless you have emunand 6.1 ior higher now for those stuck in the same position ive decided to risk my firmware and test a theory the results were a success.
How to upgrade emunand to 6.1+(note this does not include 8.x+)
1. First back up your launcher.dat on your 3ds sd card
2. Then download the 2.0b1 firmware google can help or when I get access to my pc I will post a link to a trusted site
3.put the 2.0b1 launcher.dat onto your sd card and open the gateway menu via ds profile holding L
4. Boot into gateway classic mode
5. Once in gateway classic mode insert a retail cart with desired firmware (I used pokemon y)
6. Run the game and let the update run
The system will then reset Back to sysnand now you can put the 2.2 launcher back. and upon going into settings you will see it remains on 4.5 once you boot into emunand however will be at whatever firmware you upgraded to if its above 6.1 you will now be able to trade with pokemon xy over wifi or infared
WARNING THIS ONLY UPDATES THE FIRMWARE NOT THE ESHOP COMPONENT OF FIRMWARE DO NOT OPEN THE ESHOP AFTER USING THIS METHOD IT WILL UPDATE YOUR SYSNAND I REPEAT DO NOT TOUCH THE ESHOP!
Hope this guide is useful to some of you who have had trouble trading using a pokemon xy backup image

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just tested it and it does indeed work......I wasn't actually aware FW spoofing wasn't in place with b1

Not sure if there is any risk involved in updating this way, but it's an option I suppose

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I need at least 6.1 for Pokémon and I a really bored to wait for Gateway update...

If more people experienced this without trouble, I am really interested.

Edit: 2.0b1 was not a risky gateway firmware ?

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Ill make sure to do this once my Copy of for the sequel arrives. I want the FPS increase that is supposed to come with 5.X+ :)

I got my Japanese 3ds off of craigslist, and it turned out to be on 1.0.0-0J. When I updated it to 4.3 via cart, there is no eshop at all still, nor internet browser. However, It still automatically downloads stuff like the youtube app, and asks to run the eshop to download it XD

Cart based updates are weird :)

xeon111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys.
I'll try this on sunday.
Can anyone tell me what happens when you open the eshop , after you do this
(i) in emunand
(ii) in sysnand ( i assume that the system will be updated )

In the mean can someone with the hardmod tell me what happens (after updating emunand) if you format your sysnand ( and not your emu-nand ) and then open the eshop in the sysnand ?
I would be really grateful to you guys for this.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i. Your system will request to be updated.
ii. Your system will request to be updated.

The only reason to do this is to get above 5.X in emuNAND for the lag reduction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro