aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
copied from another thread

i have a 2.3.0. i have the new rcmloader dongle. can i just buy sx os and use create emunand and update that to latest
(bypassing the whole choidojournx thing)? or 3.0.0

if yes then is an easy and better way on remaining on lower fw

thanks in advance

cypher007

Trophies
XP
Country
I did it probably the wrong way:

(do a nand backup of your 2.3 before you even use sx to boot into the ofw or cfw the first time, so no logs muddy your clean ofw 2.3).

updated using choi with auto rcm on, to 6.20 over my ofw 3.02 using a fat32 card.
I then created a hidden emunand of 6.2 on my sdcard and used chio to flash my ofw back to 3.02 (I probably could use my nand backup here instead of the downloaded 3.02 I used) all works now with exfat.

probably a better way would be to create an emunand of your 2.3 on a fat32 card then boot to emunand 2.3 and choi update it to 6.2. then you can use exfat for your sdcard and leave your 2.3 as is. I believe its also best to use auto rcm when doing update procedures so you can always go back without burning efuses.

the reason I had lots of probs was I couldn't boot my hidden emunand so had to do the first method. the second method wont work with hidden emunand, as the exfat format isn't supported by 2.3 or 3.02.

Last edited by cypher007,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use ChoiDujourNX to update to 6.2.0 without burning any fuses, preserving a way to downgrade back to 2.3.0 later without the need for emuNAND. You can also use Atmosphere instead of having to purchase SX OS.

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes wouldnt i not need to worry about all this choidojournx and fuses etc since ill just open sxos on my 2.3.0 and create emunand. then just update to latest??

what problem might i encounter?

d4nielr

Trophies
XP
Country
yes wouldnt i not need to worry about all this choidojournx and fuses etc since ill just open sxos on my 2.3.0 and create emunand. then just update to latest??

using cfw online is a bad idea use choidujournx is best bet for offline updating.

cypher007

Trophies
XP
Country

if you plan on using a hidden sdcard based emunand you will probably find it will get stuck and wont boot emunand from an exfat formatted card.

you could just use fat32 but then you have to split larger games and load times are slower apparently.

you could try using choi to add exfat to 2.3 before creating an emunand (but after you do a clean nand backup), but I tried and it didn't work.

d4nielr

Trophies
XP
Country
Choidujournx is just a offline updater, if you go online with cfw and update your switch Nintendo will ban you, never use cfw online even to update. (Even cfw emunand) only official firmware online. Hope this helps,

If you don’t care about being banned just update lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before