Hardware Can I switch the European motherboard with a US motherboard?

petnaizager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys so when I was in middle school I wanted to repair my 3DS because of a malfunctioning button but when I was trying to remove the housing I accidentally got the motherboard scratched and now it neither turns on nor gets charged (not to mention that no light turns on at all).
As stupid as it sounds, well yeah that's exactly how it happened. So for many years I thought the motherboard is the "brain" (or memory?) of the 3DS so I just hid it somewhere until today I found out that you can actually replace the motherboard.
I only found motherboards for the US region online.. does that matter? My Old 3DS XL is European btw.
I'd really love to be able to play my Old 3DS XL again. :(

Note: Some of those orange cables that are connected to buttons like L and R are also damaged. I know I could have sent it to reparation instead of unpatiently trying it myself but it was too expensive back then, in my local store.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so when I was in middle school I wanted to repair my 3DS because of a malfunctioning button but when I was trying to remove the housing I accidentally got the motherboard scratched and now it neither turns on nor gets charged (not to mention that no light turns on at all).
As stupid as it sounds, well yeah that's exactly how it happened. So for many years I thought the motherboard is the "brain" (or memory?) of the 3DS so I just hid it somewhere until today I found out that you can actually replace the motherboard.
I only found motherboards for the US region online.. does that matter? My Old 3DS XL is European btw.
I'd really love to be able to play my Old 3DS XL again. :(

Note: Some of those orange cables that are connected to buttons like L and R are also damaged. I know I could have sent it to reparation instead of unpatiently trying it myself but it was too expensive back then, in my local store.
Yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM