Homebrew can i get kodi on the wii?

Jimmay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey all,
so i know the wii is quite old now but my partner loves her wii and we love kodi use it all the time

id love to be able to put kodi on there with a forwarder as we only have one hdmi slot available and its taken by the virgin tivo box i have a hd cable which plugs in to the console so the video wouldn't be an issue it could give me a 720p signal

the console is on 4.3e and has the standard brew stuff installed like a homebrew channel backup loader media player etc so i feel that maybe kodi would complete the package.

any advice on getting this done :)
thanks all

Jimmay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey all,
so i know the wii is quite old now but my partner loves her wii and we love kodi use it all the time

id love to be able to put kodi on there with a forwarder as we only have one hdmi slot available and its taken by the virgin tivo box i have a hd cable which plugs in to the console so the video wouldn't be an issue it could give me a 720p signal

the console is on 4.3e and has the standard brew stuff installed like a homebrew channel backup loader media player etc so i feel that maybe kodi would complete the package.

any advice on getting this done :)
thanks all

id also like to add that i do have a fire stick which i loaded with kodi but it is having trouble plus the convenience of adding kodi to the wii would be great :)

if its not yet possible how would it be done if i wanted to port the code across as im a noob with this kinda thing

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. There will never be a working Kodi on the Wii. The hardware is too slow. The Wii can’t even watch 480p videos without lagging..

Reactions: Jimmay123

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id also like to add that i do have a fire stick which i loaded with kodi but it is having trouble plus the convenience of adding kodi to the wii would be great :)

if its not yet possible how would it be done if i wanted to port the code across as im a noob with this kinda thing

Theres a ton of issues with kodi add ons right now. A lot of developers have resigned due to legal action as well as the sources from where the movies come from. They are really cracking down on the sources and 3rd party add ons. If you search hard enough there are plenty of add ons, sources, and alternatives that do work.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're better off getting a Raspi and putting Kodi on that.

The Wii is severely outdated.
It was outdated even for 2005 specs.
There's a media player on the Wii, does a decent job but 720p/1080/4k, never.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol