Hardware Can I charge my European 3DS XL in Japan?

asdecru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how can I charge my European 3DS XL in Japan? I need an adaptor or it's enough with a japanese DSi/DSi LL/3DS/3DS LL charger?

Thanks!

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I'm studying abroad in Korea and brought my XL with me. Using an adapter, I cannot charge it anyway since the 3DS only accepts a particular voltage. Luckily I have a couple USB chargers that work perfectly fine so I'm using that method now. It's more convenient to be honest since I always have my laptop plugged in my room and am on it a lot.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm using a European 2pin charger on my Japanese 3DS, so I think the other way would work as well.

The charger will automatically convert the voltage for the 3DS.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have just been in Japan and for me it Worked ...
but still had some problems, I didn't actually use the 3DS in Japan except for the flight but I noticed with other things like the iPhone that it sometimes made problems after charging
as they only have 100V and 110V depending where you are as far as I know.
Some other people in the Hotel I have been reported about several problems with their phones and other things as well and I think it might be because of the different Voltage but not sure.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have just been in Japan and for me it Worked ...
but still had some problems, I didn't actually use the 3DS in Japan except for the flight but I noticed with other things like the iPhone that it sometimes made problems after charging
as they only have 100V and 110V depending where you are as far as I know.
Some other people in the Hotel I have been reported about several problems with their phones and other things as well and I think it might be because of the different Voltage but not sure.
Most phone chargers (including Samsung, Apple and Nokia) are multi voltage supporting 100 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz.

The set should have no problems at all in a different region because for charging, the charger is the one that does all the work. Of course, get a legit one for reliability and not cheap shit ones.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It worked still my phone sometimes didn't want to start for a few hours and other had the same Problem (with iPhone) plus it got really slow sometimes which is okay again since I am back !
And a Girl I met even got problems with her new Laptop since she charged it in Japan ... (no idea what happened with it only met her twice)

and don't try to tell me it is wrong, it is not as if someone told me about this, I experienced it myself just 2 weeks ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-