Buying a PS5

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there!
I'm looking to buy a PS5 DISC Edition, but I'm not sure which one? I heard there is a new model and an older model and I'm not sure about which is the better one new or old? and what firmware should I be looking for in case of homebrew/ anything else (such as bd-jb:toot:). I've seen some PS5 around which are still in the box never been used, which sellers sells it for profit mainly.

What PS5 Disc Edition to buy? new or old
New: CFI-1102A.
Original: CFI-1000.
What Firmware?

Is there anything to know before going in deep?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like people jumped the gun with the new ps5 exploit. it can't be used to run games. if you're looking for a ps5 console, get the newer model. it circulates air better. firmware at this point doesn't matter really. as for the selling of ps5s at a profit, yes and no. ebay takes 15% off of each sell, and shipping a ps5 is about $70 depending on where you live in the usa, so that's around $200 off right there.

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
looks like people jumped the gun with the new ps5 exploit. it can't be used to run games. if you're looking for a ps5 console, get the newer model. it circulates air better. firmware at this point doesn't matter really. as for the selling of ps5s at a profit, yes and no. ebay takes 15% off of each sell, and shipping a ps5 is about $70 depending on where you live in the usa, so that's around $200 off right there.
Well, Facebook marketplace so no tax just meet up and cash/bank transfer, don't really want to risk it better is a meet up, as for exploit is a start, anything is possible in the future right?
So the newer model is better, so in terms of hardware anything? nothing changed? can be upgraded to a m2 SSD right?

Reactions: R3DRE111AVER

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just out of curiosity when got it prooven that the new sink runs cooler? i thought all the time its the other way around (based on nexusgamers tests)
there's some tests that show it cools better, yes. one of the sections is like a 20 degree difference. I think that's why sony stopped producing the older model.

Reactions: rantex92

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just out of curiosity when got it prooven that the new sink runs cooler? i thought all the time its the other way around (based on nexusgamers tests)
@Foxi4 may be able to explain it. I don't know all the specifics. he has the original model himself, so we were both talking about the cooling in both systems. I think he knows exactly why it cools more efficiently.

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As others have stated, the smaller heat sink is generally considered better. But more importantly, the newer model shipped with the updated DualSenses with improved trigger springs and analog stick modules. If there's a small letter "A" inbetween the model number and power rating on the back of the controller itself, it's one of the newer revised controllers.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is based on some test results

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/...-cooler-despite-vram-vrm-temperature-increase

can't 100% confirm it though, as I only have the newer heatsink model, just like @godreborn
thank you for the link the only "problem" i have with that theres no cpu speed/workload curve
it would be nice to know wich of the model can longer hold the higher speeds before t junction is reached

As others have stated, the smaller heat sink is generally considered better. But more importantly, the newer model shipped with the updated DualSenses with improved trigger springs and analog stick modules. If there's a small letter "A" inbetween the model number and power rating on the back of the controller itself, it's one of the newer revised controllers.
didnt know that thanks for clearing that up for me ^^ i only watched for model numbers CFI-1115 = old CFI-1116 = new
now im curious what mine is but my guess its an old model it was shipped with a fw lower than 4.00

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the link the only "problem" i have with that theres no cpu speed/workload curve
it would be nice to know wich of the model can longer hold the higher speeds before t junction is reached

didnt know that thanks for clearing that up for me ^^ i only watched for model numbers CFI-1115 = old CFI-1116 = new
now im curious what mine is but my guess its an old model it was shipped with a fw lower than 4.00
if you don't have a ps5 or have used its controllers, you'll be impressed by the triggers, which I think they call "adaptive." the guns in ratchet and clank for example, each one feels different with the triggers. at first, I thought something was wrong with my controller, but it's perfectly normal. that's a must get game.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you don't have a ps5 or have used its controllers, you'll be impressed by the triggers, which I think they call "adaptive." the guns in ratchet and clank for example, each one feels different with the triggers. at first, I thought something was wrong with my controller, but it's perfectly normal. that's a must get game.
actually i dont like the new adaptive feedback like for instance in borderlands 3 the mechanism is too slow to catch up with my triggerfinger so im mostly using my trusty musty old razer raiju from 2015

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually i dont like the new adaptive feedback like for instance in borderlands 3 the mechanism is too slow to catch up with my triggerfinger so im mostly using my trusty musty old razer raiju from 2015
I love it. the feel of the dualsense is the best I've felt with a controller though the switch pro controller is a close second. I just wish it actually had good battery life like the pro controller. however, I noticed that the joy cons are equivalent if you use a mostly motion control game like skyward sword. I beat the first dungeon in that, and the joy cons' batteries were drained big time. I was using the skyward sword joycons, which imo (joy cons mostly) is the best way to experience the game, just wish it'd register my commands quicker. you have to be very patient in that game it would seem.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love it. the feel of the dualsense is the best I've felt with a controller though the switch pro controller is a close second. I just wish it actually had good battery life like the pro controller. however, I noticed that the joy cons are equivalent if you use a mostly motion control game like skyward sword. I beat the first dungeon in that, and the joy cons' batteries were drained big time. I was using the skyward sword joycons, which imo (joy cons mostly) is the best way to experience the game, just wish it'd register my commands quicker. you have to be very patient in that game it would seem.
yeah the feeling of the dualsense is nice i like the ergonomics and the analogsticks are a big improvement over ds4
and i like even the haptic feedback but only in non shooter games (i have the old model of duelsense maybe with that new model it gotten better but i didnt had a look at the new model yet)

i cant say much about switch pro controller never mingled with that ...too expensive

back in the day i played skyward sword with wiimote and let me say i cant understand why people hate on this controll scheme with that plus thingy wich was needed to play skyward sword the wiimote got very precise

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the feeling of the dualsense is nice i like the ergonomics and the analogsticks are a big improvement over ds4
and i like even the haptic feedback but only in non shooter games (i have the old model of duelsense maybe with that new model it gotten better but i didnt had a look at the new model yet)

i cant say much about switch pro controller never mingled with that ...too expensive

back in the day i played skyward sword with wiimote and let me say i cant understand why people hate on this controll scheme with that plus thingy wich was needed to play skyward sword the wiimote got very precise
yeah, I love motion controls, but sometimes they don't respond fast enough. I can see that being a gripe of skyward sword, because you have to extra careful when you move the sword. you can't go in flailing your arm or it will be a disaster. lol

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, I love motion controls, but sometimes they don't respond fast enough. I can see that being a gripe of skyward sword, because you have to extra careful when you move the sword. you can't go in flailing your arm or it will be a disaster. lol
with switch joy cons? cuz with old wiimote + wiimotion plus you could went nuts especially when your an adhd kid like me xD but yeah even back then you had to slow down your movement a bit to allow the wii to process your movement

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, plus the pointer goes out of alignment constantly without a sensor bar on the switch. others have commented on it, and I've experienced it several times in the four or so hours I played, but I loved the originality of making those eyeballs on the walls dizzy by moving around your sword, then there was a hydra in the first dungeon where you had to swipe to cut off all three heads at the same time, not to mention that beetle you sent flying. that was quite responsive, even on the switch, or at least for me. the boss was hard as fuck though, had to use my medicines, all of them, and I think I had only one heart. that's when the motion controls can get frustrating.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes, plus the pointer goes out of alignment constantly without a sensor bar on the switch. others have commented on it, and I've experienced it several times in the four or so hours I played, but I loved the originality of making those eyeballs on the walls dizzy by moving around your sword, then there was a hydra in the first dungeon where you had to swipe to cut off all three heads at the same time, not to mention that beetle you sent flying. that was quite responsive, even on the switch, or at least for me. the boss was hard as fuck though, had to use my medicines, all of them, and I think I had only one heart. that's when the motion controls can get frustrating.
i loved the flying bug thing you could explore every nuck and cranny of the world and killing enemys with it was so satisfying even tho it make the whole game too easy and yes those eyeballs reminded me of the eyeballs in sm64

the only bad thing with skyward sword for me is that you have to fight that black monster 3 effing times .... one time too much for me but i guess they needed a filler since skyward sword isnt as big as traditional 3d zeldas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O