emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest I suggest trying out a 2k and 3k and get what "feels better." Development of PRO has essentially meant the choice PSP model isn't much of a concern as it was two years ago.

seam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i appreciate all the help and advice. I was wondering if you guys could recommend me the best video player for the psp. obviously psp has its own video support, but im looking for a player that plays avis, mkv, etc etc. thanks in advance!!!(i figured i'd just ask here rather than start a new topic)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i got a 3000 and i run the 6.60 pro-b temp hack, it works great and i have no complaints about the software. the only issue i have is that the plastic d-pad is a bit squeaky. i've no idea if other psp versions are like this. the squeaky sound is like fingers on a chalk board to me, so i usually play with ear buds on that help avoid that sound.

-another world

seam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i appreciate all the help and advice. I was wondering if you guys could recommend me the best video player for the psp. obviously psp has its own video support, but im looking for a player that plays avis, mkv, etc etc. thanks in advance!!!(i figured i'd just ask here rather than start a new topic)

any recommendations for this?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
PMPlayer Advance, but you're likely going to need to convert your videos anyways because the container format (AVI/MPG/MP4/MOV) is only part of the video's type.

• Container
    • Video Codec
      • Resolution
      • FPS
      • Bitrate
    • Audio Codec
      • Channels
      • Sampling Frequency
      • Bitrate

If any of those parts is "out of bounds" for a specific player, then the video file won't play on the player (or will play with a lot of issues if you try to use it in a video editor), even if it's of the correct container type. When you use a converter for a specific platform (such as for the PSP or DS or ipod) or to a specific format, it doesn't convert just the container, it formats every part of the video to certain specifications so it'll play properly, which is partially why it takes so long to convert.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q