its_me_mario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey dudes,
I have today burned a .iso (Hulk) file with 16x speed and guess what? I have 97.23% quality rating
wacko.gif

hulkwn3.png

I used ImgBurn and Verbatim with a Poineer DVR-115D

Someone thought I can advise them (i.e. the community) to burn on 4x speed. While burning on 16x speed is much better indeed. I also discovered that, while burning on 16x speed the really burn speed is actually not more then 9x or 11x speed!

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The dye used in media is designed to work at certain speeds. Some of these dyes (particularly in lower quality media) are designed to have a shorter laser exposure, and when run at lower speeds may cause the dye to become damaged.

The reason it is suggested by a lot of people to burn at slower speeds is related to the your second comment. It is rare for a burner to be able to burn at 16x from the start. To get to 16x, the drive needs to increment speed across the disc. For example, it may start at 4x, step up to 6x at the 1gb mark, 8x at the 2gb mark, 12x at the 3gb mark then 16x at the 4gb mark. This stepping in speed can reduce burn quality, and since most drives can at least do 4x from the start, this would keep it consistant and cause the least amount of issues.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, I rememer...
GameCube times, burning on TDKs 8x because of fucking GameCube laser.
Burned at 2x. Fuck. Don't works.
Burned at 1x. F$$$K Don't works too.
Burned at 4x. SHIT Don't works.
Burned at 8x. WHAT? It works. Three discs...these were for 4zl what is expensive for a disc. Normal disc should cost 1-2zl.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. This topic has been beaten to death on GBATemp. Check true DVD and CD burning forums for the true answer (it all depends on your media/burner/system and the target reading device). What works best for you may not work best for others. What appears to be a near perfect burn on the same device that did the burning may appear next to unreadable on another device. 'Quality' in DVDInfoPro means next to nothing if your Wii/GameCube/360/etc. can't read it well.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Lazycus said:
Ugh. This topic has been beaten to death on GBATemp. Check true DVD and CD burning forums for the true answer (it all depends on your media/burner/system and the target reading device). What works best for you may not work best for others. What appears to be a near perfect burn on the same device that did the burning may appear next to unreadable on another device. 'Quality' in DVDInfoPro means next to nothing if your Wii/GameCube/360/etc. can't read it well.

Do you want some Master of / Captain Obvious pics ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJhdhkd0w0