aka Pearbook
OP
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I want to burn a season of a serie to a disc but I do not burn disc's a lot so I still have some questions:

- How to burn .srt with the .avi ?? so I have the right subtitle with the right episode
- How to make a menu to choose between Episodes ??
- The best way to burn .avi ^^

I also saw that someone burned a picture on the top op the disc. Is that hard to do ??

Already Thanks

KuRensan

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
AVI is only a wrapper, so you'll have to convert it to a raw (uncompressed) video format. If you use a DVD authoring software, it should offer that option for you, as well as allow you to convert your subtitles into a subtitle track on the DVD. Keep in mind that since DVDs use uncompressed video, you'll only be able to fit a few episodes per DVD (~3-4, depending on the length and quality of each episode).

Burning a picture on top of a DVD is a feature called LightScribe. You need a DVD drive that has that feature and compatible DVDs for it to work. Naturally the compatible DVDs cost more than normal bulk DVDs.

Anyway, the best way to burn AVIs to DVD is using DVD authoring software (the kind that lets you design the front loader). You could just burn them as AVI files onto a data disc, as some DVD players support that, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're aiming for.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try DVD Flick, it's free and open source, always does the best job.
cool.gif

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i used to use DVD flick but found that 99% of them skipped sound when played back, i now use nero 7, takes a while but is really simple to use n i have never had any probs since usn it :-)

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
OP
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Magsor said:
DVD is an outdated technology there are far better alternatives now usb devices are cheaper and cheaper.

yeah I know but for some reason I want them on DVD ^^

---

I heard you can also Burn the Subtitle on the Avi or will that give Quality issues
BTW one episode is about 30 minutes

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
First, make sure you use a good video editor to trim out everything you don't want, such as opening sequences, ending sequence/credits, etc.

Then, get a DVD burning tool, preferable a free and open-source one. I can't recommend anything unfortunately.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KuRensan said:
yeah I know but for some reason I want them on DVD ^^

---

I heard you can also Burn the Subtitle on the Avi or will that give Quality issues
BTW one episode is about 30 minutes

I figured you'd say that...
If you want to do this the right way you would have to reencode using autogk (always usie file size because its 2pass encoding which is better)and then making a DVD with those(using dvd flick). Its a long process but heh you dont have to be in front of your computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?