Ewigkeit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,
need urgently help. Yesterday i installed Retroarch on my Switch. SNES works fine - trying to Run N64 an got an Error. I think it was 2101-0002 but iam not sure.
Problem is now, my switch will not Boot. Screen still leaves black. If i put the Switch on his Dock - the Loading LED is poping up rly short.

Hard-/Softreset wont work. SXOS Pro Dongle looks to inject the Payload, but the Screen leaves still black.
Ive i Start with the SXOS Dongle but without my SD-Card - i get the red Screen with the Notice that my Boot.Dat is missing. Over Night i hve with this method unloaded the Akku - i try after 30 mins of Loading to start my switch by Pressing the Power Button for 60 Secs.
Nothing happens- What can i do?

The console still has warranty - but with installed Homebrew?`Määäh

I Ordered a Set of Screwdrivers - my intention is to open it and do the same what he does - check this Youtube Video

Any Ideas? What can i also do. Iam so sad

Best regards

btw iam from Germany and my Eng isnt that good

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you using exfat?
Are you using RCM

More than likeky your sd card is corrupt.

Try booting holding volume up to get to sxos boot menu. Try booting ofw.

I that works your retroarch crash may have corrupted your sd card. If so reformat your card and start again

Exfat corruption is not down to sxos (or any other cfw) or retroarch.

The nintendo drivers are to blame and cam cause corruption when using any cfw with any homebrew with any exfat as card

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Azel

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it certainly does sound like exfat corruption, potentially combined with autorcm battery drainage, do you use autorcm?
you can try removing all the sx files from the sd card and copying freshly downloaded ones in.

if autorcm is enabled and has drained your battery, charge the console for 30 minutes, use your injector as quickly as possible and if it seems to boot sx, put back the charger cable in as quickly as possible.
if it started up successfully, just let it charge for a moment.

then consider formatting your sd card to fat32 to prevent future corruption (you might have to replace more of the corrupted files though)

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
SD card corruption, I had the same issue one day. just reformat it. (preferably to fat32 with gui format.

Ewigkeit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all many thanks for the great tips.
I have edited the memory card so far that I can at least boot into the sxos menu again. Unfortunately, the original and custom FW still does not start.

I made a backup before I played 6.2. I will try to restore this

BTW - i use exFAT, i dont use ARCM :)

Last edited by Ewigkeit,

Ewigkeit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, forgotten to update my SXOS Version. Now i can Boot - but just with my Dongle :(

I delete all Datas and Update via Nintendo - if that wont work i use my Warranty Support.

Thx a lot guys

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, forgotten to update my SXOS Version. Now i can Boot - but just with my Dongle :(

I delete all Datas and Update via Nintendo - if that wont work i use my Warranty Support.

Thx a lot guys

did you restore a backup of a smaller than 6.2 firmware? in that case, it would be normal that you can only boot with the dongle.
if you update through nintendo, the console will likely be flagged for a ban.

update through choidujournx from cfw.

Ewigkeit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Already done. Update succesfully complete to 6.2 via Nintendo.

Before The Console was complete empty, No Data what can flag me, i think so.

I really Thank U for Ur help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This will happen again if you insist on using exFAT.
Why ist that so?

Better to use Fat32??

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Nintendo's implementation of the exFAT drivers are bad and it can lead to corruption especially when using homebrew. It is objectively better to just stick to FAT32.
Im not using homebrew but still wondering is it simply better to go fat3 o will there ever be exfat properly supported since apparently its nintendos fault and as such probably noone can do anything about it...or am i wrong?
I hope you understand what I mean lol

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not using homebrew but still wondering is it simply better to go fat3 o will there ever be exfat properly supported since apparently its nintendos fault and as such probably noone can do anything about it...or am i wrong?
I hope you understand what I mean lol
Basically one would have to rewrite Nintendo's drivers for exFAT which isn't as simple as it sounds. Since FAT32 exists and there are numerous workarounds for the 4 GB limit, its just easier to advise people to use FAT32 then rewrite an entire part of their OS just so people can use exFAT. Maybe Atmosphere will do it, who knows?

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically one would have to rewrite Nintendo's drivers for exFAT which isn't as simple as it sounds. Since FAT32 exists and there are numerous workarounds for the 4 GB limit, its just easier to advise people to use FAT32 then rewrite an entire part of their OS just so people can use exFAT. Maybe Atmosphere will do it, who knows?
Thats what I thought, I see it rather impossible because why even bother rewriting a massive part of the code when one can easily use fat32 and split things. Thanks mate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.