• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

BREXIT [Poll] vote!

Should the UK leave the EU?

• Yes

Votes: 129 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 215 62.5%

• Total voters

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Edit:
On a lighter note: there's a second BREXIT happening right now in the EuroCup. If the mods are distracted watching that, I might understand.
Oh my, the National Team of a country of ~300.000 habitants is taking them out.
I have to watch that, perhaps that helps me deal with my late Argentina-Chile sourness.

Reactions: Uwabami

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take, for instance, anything FOX news says. If you blindly believe anything they air just because they have "video evidence," you're an idiot. Video can be tampered with just as easily as anything else, and even if it isn't it is still very easy to blow it out of proportion by leaving out information or claiming things that don't apply to the video

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any online petition can be manipulated and should not be taken srs enough that it can determine the future of a country. It's honestly too easy to manipulate.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take, for instance, anything FOX news says. If you blindly believe anything they air just because they have "video evidence," you're an idiot. Video can be tampered with just as easily as anything else, and even if it isn't it is still very easy to blow it out of proportion by leaving out information or claiming things that don't apply to the video
I don't think we should blindly trust any news source. While some may be more reliable than others, pretty much any source proves itself to be biased in one way or another.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not only tampering. Showing an untampered video out of context can be used to mislead people as well.

True. There are sources that are more prone to be biased, especially when their business model is targeting people's emotions, like tabloids. In principle it's always good to read more than one source (check if it's not only a verbatim copy of a news agency text).

White Supremacy sites and YouTube are NEVER credible sources, unless used by a credible entity. Anonymous conspiracy theorists are not credible.
I think theres merit to having a wide variety of sources. Sometimes even a bad source will have good information. This especially applies to youtube. Youtube may have alot of BS on it, but it also has a massive selection. Sometimes it can have actual footage, and other times it can be a good medium for expressing someones views. Just because it may not always be reliable doesn't mean it never is. Its better to see an argument from all sides rather than just one. By seeing opposing viewpoints you can gain newfound respect and understanding for them rather than just looking down on them.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it's just bureaucracy

The OUT Campaign promised to "trigger article 50" the day after the referendum. Now not only the Prime Minister, but the BREXIT people are stalling. They probably all thought they'd never win. Again England (not the UK) is causing trouble for everyone else like a spoiled child.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Who did I say I hate? I think you guys are trying to hard, I'm not seeing any of your posts adding anything to the thread so I'm sure a mod will delete them :)

Read the article. You should probably read more in general. And tabloids don't count.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Then you didn't read my posts, I said that some of these cases were uncovered as hoaxes and some were out of context.
You haven't demonstrated this, but even if what're you're claiming is true, how does that make the argument itself invalid? You yourself are saying that not all of the cases are untrue, and hence there is something to be said for it.

And he pretended (just like the illegal forum he linked to) that ONLY foreigners are rapists by OMISSION.
This is unbelievable grasping at straws, to be honest. Is no one allowed to mention any crimes committed by migrants because that would be racist "by omission"? Nothing he said claimed or even implied or suggested that only foreigners are rapists, that is categorically untrue and it is intellectually dishonest for you to even claim that he believes that.

You can't be serious. Just take the video about Merkel and Cologne, there was almost nothing truthful in there. And the tone is more that obvious.
Last time I checked, even if it is shown to be untrue, that doesn't necessarily make it illegal.

I hope you're proud of yourself defending racist propaganda.
You have not been able to demonstrate how it is racist at all. Do you dismiss anything that goes against your worldview as being "propaganda"?

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson