Emulation Botw download now what?

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just run the game? Run the rpx file located in one of the folders.
You're obviously new here. Stop offering advice when you don't know much yet. OP said he had .app and .h3 files he clearly had no .rpx. AboodXD gave him the answer a couple of days ago.

Reactions: AboodXD

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OP You should have a folder containing the main game and one for the update. And, optionally, 1 for the DLC
After decrypting them with CDecrypt, you'll get 3 folders for each: code, content, and meta.
Place all three of the folders for the main game wherever.
For the update, place all three in <cemu installation folder>/mlc01/usr/title/00050000/101C9X00/
For the dlc, place all three in <cemu installation folder>/mlc01/usr/title/00050000/101C9X00/aoc/

X varies by region, 4 for USA, 5 for EUR, not sure what Japan is.

I recommend you download the shader cache from /r/CEMUcaches. Use whichever has the highest shader count, I think it's 9800, and it'll take a long time to compile. Put your CEMU cache folder on a 700MB+ ramdisk for a massive speedboost.

Then, in CEMU, load the file <main game folder>/code/U-King.rpx

Note that BOTW is not currently possible to complete in CEMU. In fact, it's not even possible to get past the first shrine.

domjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im new and I found this thread but figured it out for myself. but in case OP is still having issues or someone els has the same problem. here is how i got it to work.
google CDecrypt_v2.0b and download it. you will have 4 files. extract them to were the .app/h3 files are.
type cmd in windows search and open it.(im using windows 10 so for me its in the ask me anything box)
in the cmd box navigate to the location of were you extracted the files and press enter then type this CDecrypt_v2.0b title.tmd title.tik
press enter. let it do its thing. after its done it will create 3 folders code,content and meta. copy these folders to were you want to have the game
example D:\cemu\games\Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild.
now when you open up cemu just load the file from the code folder. and your done.
extra step: (only if you have the update folder) just move the 4 files from CDecrypt to the update folder then follow the exact same process you did. . and once thats done copy the 3 folders code,content and meta and paste them over the original ones you created overwrite the files when asked and your done. you now should be able to play the game. all thats needed is to wait untill its 100% for cemu.

Last edited by domjam,

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate you trying to help. But.
copy the 3 folders code,content and meta and paste them over the original ones you created overwrite the files when asked and your done.
This is not the way to apply updates anymore. Yes it still works but is less accurate, and is permanent. Code, content, and meta folders for updates should be placed in "mlc01/usr/title/X/Y/" Where "X" is the first 8 numbers from the title id and "Y" is the last 8 numbers from title id. So using BotW US as an example the three updated folders goes in "mlc01/usr/title/00050000/101c9400/"

Edit: just realized Mikemk already posted this information in this thread.

Last edited by Xalphenos,

domjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I appreciate you trying to help. But.
This is not the way to apply updates anymore. Yes it still works but is less accurate, and is permanent. Code, content, and meta folders for updates should be placed in "mlc01/usr/title/X/Y/" Where "X" is the first 8 numbers from the title id and "Y" is the last 8 numbers from title id. So using BotW US as an example the three updated folders goes in "mlc01/usr/title/00050000/101c9400/"

Edit: just realized Mikemk already posted this information in this thread.

ah ok i dident no about that method. but regardless the game works fine for me.. apart from the slow downs and poor fps..but thats down to the compatability with the emulator and will be fixed in time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol