Gaming BotW DLC, HELL NAH.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Also who the hell announces DLC BEFORE the release of the the base game? No matter how you look at it, it's looney a business move.
I am not happy about paying dlc, but I am happy about every dlc announcement before release. Nowadays many developers/publishers announce the dlc before the release and you know what to expect and if it is better to wait or skip the game because of many dlc. Most of the time because they want to sell season passes. Some publishers try to sell Season Passes with saying what you will get. This is the worst. Another bad habit of some publishers is selling incomplete games and try to present fixes as free dlc. (Nintendo did this with Splatoon, too.) Also a bad move is releasing different dlcs, which are more expensive than the main game.
Here Nintendo told us exactly what the dlc is and when we get the dlc. I think this is fair. Everythings seems to be something a first release of Zelde never had. So probably the main game without the dlc will be like a normal Zelda. and won't feel like an incomplete game.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I too dislike the idea of DLC of course, I rather have it all at once.
But what else would the team do with their extra resources waiting for the game to go gold? That's when they mostly makes the DLC content.

I'm not really against this, since the pricetag is quite low and hell, I buy every god damn DLC for Rocket League so... I'm not the right person to complain or compare with I guess. (But I don't do microtransactions at all!)

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're whiners because we don't like that there's already $20 of DLC announced for a game that is 3 weeks away from release?

Hey.. Lot of game companies announce Season passes almost the exact same time they announce a game.

And hey... PC Mastah Race dipshits.. you don't have room to whine. Anyone remember expansion packs?

You know like The Ultimate Doom (1995), Final Doom (1996), Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citade

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hey.. Lot of game companies announce Season passes almost the exact same time they announce a game.

And hey... PC Mastah Race dipshits.. you don't have room to whine. Anyone remember expansion packs?

You know like The Ultimate Doom (1995), Final Doom (1996), Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citade

So because others do it Nintendo should do it too? Should people throw themselves off a bridge because others do it, as well?

And how the hell are expansions for released games even comparable to this?
Doom was released in 1993. Hexen in 1995. Neither Final, Ultimate or Deathkings were announced before the original. Deathkings was released three months after release. Ultimate 2 YEARS after the original. Final was 3 years after the fact.

And you know, back in 199x expansions for anything were real expansions because there weren't as many suits demanding profits.

You have no argument whatsoever, this is a shitty business move by Nintendo, period.
Stop shilling for corporations.

Last edited by RepeatingDigits,

Roxe__

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So because others do it Nintendo should do it too? Should people throw themselves off a bridge because others do it, as well?

And how the hell are expansions for released games even comprable to this?
Doom was released in 1993. Hexen in 1995. Neither Final, Ultimate or Deathkings were announced before the original. Deathkings was release three months later. Ultimate 2 YEARS after the original. Final was 3 years after the fact.

And you know, back in 199x expansions for anything were real expansions because there weren't as many suits demanding profits.

You have no argument whatsoever, this is a shitty business move by Nintendo, period.
Stop shilling for corporations.

I just do not understand. Why or how do people keep saying things like Call of Duty or [insert shitty game] and comparing it to The Legend of Zelda, a title that has been around since 1986?!? If that wasn't enough they continue to use, like you said, 'well other companies are doing it' as an argument. These people corporation shilling out the bum as if they work for the damn company.

@Roxe__ Hyrule warriors isn't a Legend of zelda game? (Which has dlc) :ninja:
@Sonic Angel Knight No. Hyrule warriors is not a Legend of Zelda game, it's a spin off, hence why it's just called 'Hyrule Warriors'. I'm talking about the Legend of Zelda [insert title].
But I agree with you on what you said
I wish people just did that in the first place, i don't mind adding dlc as optional content. But then is like we won't even know how long we must wait for the "complete game"

To me 'The Legend of Zelda' has always been a masterpiece, but now it's going to be in master pieces..

Last edited by Roxe__,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Hyrule warriors is not a Legend of Zelda game, it's a spin off, hence why it's just called 'Hyrule Warriors'. I'm talking about the Legend of Zelda [insert title].
But I agree with you on what you said
Well i mean, i don't consider it a zelda game or spin off title, is a reskin of Dynasty warriors which seem to be the most popular thing in japan for some reason, tecmo having such Titles are very popular in japan while not popular else where (Least not here with me.) I mean to be honest that company specifically has been making money by selling DLC instead of new game titles, as well as the crossover game... (Or call them Reskins) of Legend of zelda, Fire emblem, and Dragon quest. Weather or not is a zelda game is not up to me to decided but i didn't think it was in my opinion.

To me 'The Legend of Zelda' has always been a masterpiece, but now it's going to be in master pieces..
Well i mean opinons are opinions, hated the first two games on nes. Both super cyrptic on what to do, they made sure no one could finish it easily without nintendo power guides, cause i quickly lose interest. Not to mention is HARD. :wtf:

But i mean is gotten better over the years, Link to the past is fun, the game boy titles are great (Not Links awakening) I can't find the N64 games as good to say about it, didn't like the time travel master sword thing, in ocarina of time, and didn't like the time limit 3 day in majora mask, They improved wind waker on wii u, but i mean is still wind waker, wouldn't say is bad. The final battle with ganondorf is great, and is fun to play when nothing else to do, just sail on the ocean with music and explore places and find buried treasure, real adventure game, pretty good.

Maybe i'm not a hard core zelda fan, I don't even want breath of the wild to be honest but i didn't want to buy the switch with no game to play. I didn't play most of the games mostly cause of not having money to buy them or the wacky control scheme, NDS zelda require stylus all the way, i don't like using the stylus, Skyward sword require wii mote and nunchuk, don't like using that. The only reason now for not playing twiliight princess is not buying the game, again price. The two 3DS games, i dunno what they are, Link between worlds is based on Link to the past, and triforce heroes? Well i remember playing 4 swords adventure on NDS by myself, it wasn't fun, so where the heck am i gonna get 2 players to play with me? Besdies, how you go from 4 swords for player game to just 3? Odd decision.

Nikki_swap

The Lewdest
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another day, another complaint thread, i wonder what is going to be tomorrow's topic.

34b17df9f6.jpg

Psst. The dlc doesnt comes out on release date, the story one comes out by the end of the year. so your "selling incomplete gaemu" sounds silly

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another day, another complaint thread, i wonder what is going to be tomorrow's topic.
Next time on GBAtemp, noob post gets flamed for not using google to find answers before asking questions, what topic, stay tuned to find out. :creep:

Anyway, I dunno much about how nintendo handle dlc, the 3DS and WII U is the first they tried this trend. So they maybe have not experience with it, but they see it works for others and suppose it can work themself too. But is not like every game is getting dlc now and days. (Still wish that super luigi u game was made better)

Nikki_swap

The Lewdest
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the next episode of gbatemp z, people who own a wiiu complain more about breath of the wild dlc as they use mocha cfw to load their games.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why couldn't this have been posted in the existing thread?
Anyway, I'm fine with DLC, to an extent. Paying $20 for an one-off DLC for a game to get a bit of bonus content is fine by me. Releasing 20 different DLC packs starting at a few dollars each where most of them are just things like an extra character, extra skins, an extra item and such (all minor things that make no difference to the actual gameplay) is not fine however. A lot of games these days just overdo it. Sure, no one's forcing you to buy them, but the thing is a lot of people still do, that's why they're doing it. To me it feels like they're just ripping people off and they don't even notice it because they're only paying a few dollars at a time, it's like microtransactions.

In a way, I'm kind of glad the DLC isn't released right away. That means after I'm done with the main story I'll have a reason to start playing the game again a few months later, and it feels less like content that should have been included with the game from the get go.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
as long as the DLC is completely optional and is just a one time all-in purchase then i'm fine with it. Let us worry first with finising the main game. There might be discounts later on too.

D

Deleted User

It's strange, the Switch is being advertised to adults but it seems everyone that's going to be playing it are babies.

Hey look that game For Honor has a $40 season pass day 1. What? Call of Duty Advanced Modern Black Op Warfare 4 Infinite has a $70 season pass and the game is super barren of content without it? What's that? Literally every single "AAA" game on other platforms have season passes? Oh look at that! Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors had them too! And for the same price as Zelda! Mario Karts doubled the amount of tracks in the game, gave us new characters and cars, all for just $20. And also for $20 Hyrule Warriors doubled the number characters, gave us tons of new weapons and enough challenge maps and missions to last a lifetime. Where was the outrage then? Those were worthwhile purchases, no?

Sure, DLC Pack 1 for Zelda doesn't sound amazing. Hard mode, cave of trials and whatever the hell "additional map feature" means. Cool stuff but a little basic. DLC Pack 2 sounds like it's gonna be awesome though and worth the $20 alone. New story, new dungeon, new challenges and potentially more to be announced because it's not out until December. Also you get free bonus items day 1, whether they're stupid or not, as a kind gesture just for buying it, hardly any games do that.

Like I've said about other things with the Switch, there's absolutely nothing to be complaining about. Don't want extra stuff to do in Zelda? Don't buy it. The games complete and I'm willing to bet the DLC hasn't gone into any real development. If the stuff for the DLC was finished and Nintendo really truly wanted to "steal your money" they would release it because its finished. But its not. So shut up, please.

Last edited by ,

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm all for Nintendo moving main stream, but this, this is putrid. I know that the game finished development just last week and it went 'gold', but personally, I'm one of those people who STRONGLY believes that the game has been finished since 2016, if not end of the year of 2015. (2014 Proof) BUT since they wanted a Zelda for the Switch, the held on to the game instead of releasing it on the WiiU. (but that's just my opinion)

I'm sure any other Zelda fan may agree with me on this but one of the main thing's I've always enjoyed about playing a Zelda game is that it was always complete, no gimmicks. It's honestly one of the main reasons I tend to stay away from games like Fallout4, I wait till all the DLC was out to buy and play it. That way I can enjoy the entirety of the game during my first play through. I'm honestly just downright disappointed that the 'new hard mode' isn't part of the game, because unless I'm wrong, this is the first game to EVER do this. It's not the having to pay extra for a game like Zelda that upsets me, but actual wait. For the hardcore completionist fans who want to play the whole game with all the trials and dungeons, we have to wait till the end of the year?!? For a game like LoZ, this is like buying a jigsaw puzzle picture without all the pieces, and they waited till AFTER everyone preordered the Switch along with the game to mention this??!? This is utterly putrid.

I wonder if you'll be able to get the DLC without opting in for the new online paid feature, I'm sure we'll find out right before they release the BotW DLC. Not to worry though, next year the Switch Pro will come bundled with Zelda Breath of the Wild HD.
Ridiculous proof, it's nothing more than a tech demo.

Pip'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1