Gaming Bottom screw stripped..

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to replace my faceplate when i stripped the screw on the bottom of the psp. I've looked around i really have no idea how to drill it out. I've tryed the super glue way but that did nothing. It seems like the bottom screw is the hardest to get out
glare.gif

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that they are easy to strip as well. When I put mine back together after months of trying to fix it and ignoring it (well about a year and a half), I realized that I forgot to clean the inside of the faceplate, which accumulated tons of dust. I tried to remove one of the screws and got really annoyed. My dad realized that it was stripped after he tried to remove it. He said something about drilling it, but it could break the PSP. My faceplate is trashed and I was going to replace it from it being used when I bought it (it's even cracked at the bottom, but I have a skin covering it). I know how you feel though, the dust is driving me up the wall. I could live with the scratches until I bought a new faceplate, but the dust is something that drives me nuts. If anyone has a fix without breaking the PSP further (my wifi card stopped working and I thought the cats broke it, but that could have been a dream
tongue.gif
) I would love to hear it.

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and my dad just finished drilling off the screw.. made a hole in the psp a little bit below the screw.. and then i spent an hour trying to get the dust of the new faceplate... and still didnt get most of it off.

changing a faceplate is wayyy easier said than done

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol