smile.gif

bootmii saved me from a brick with a cSM

thanks team twiizer

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
is it normal that the sd card i used to backup the nand cant be read in the computer now?

Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
0M39A said:
now i cant wait to see some new programs developed for mini. also, wiimote support for the bootmii menu would be great, but i hear this isnt on the list of things to implement
frown.gif

wiimote support is on the todo list ^^

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Installed it this morning and it's great! Set mine to autoboot System Menu (5 second countdown)

I am really anticipated to see what sorts of update will come in the next few days!

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
Meannekes said:
0M39A said:
now i cant wait to see some new programs developed for mini. also, wiimote support for the bootmii menu would be great, but i hear this isnt on the list of things to implement
frown.gif

wiimote support is on the todo list ^^

it is? cool. where did you hear that from may i ask? best i have is this:

bushing
Q: Why won’t my wiimote sync in the BootMii menu?

A: Due to architectural limitations, we can’t access the WiiMote. Use a GC controller or the Power/Reset buttons. See also http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=details&task_id=21

http://hackmii.com/2009/05/bootmii_beta_1/

[edit]

I'm and idiot and didnt even read my own link properly. lol

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
is it normal that the sd card i used to backup the nand cant be read in the computer now?

No not normal well atleast for me is isn't, I can see Nand.bin on SD card just fine, Vista by the way

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gumbyscout said:
thebobinc said:
gumbyscout said:
How did you put the homebrew applications on your hard drive? Was it in a apps folder, because it doesn't read them for me :/.

you have to do 2 partition on your hdd, one fat of max 30 gig , and the second one you create a new partition with the remaning and you DONT format it, then with eider usb loader or wbsf tool you format your second partition for your wii

the you juste drag and drop your SD in your FAT32
I think that would be obvious :/. Have you tested to see if it works?

yes i did tested , on an french site there is an tutorial how to prepare your multi function hdd for wii, when i took out my SD card and boot homebrew channel it show all my apps that was in the folder , just like the sd, it here is the link you can you google translation if you cannot understand , is not bad as a result for translation,

http://www.wiigen.fr/index.php?option=com_...07&Itemid=1

Nueb35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:

insert the sd card into your pc, and check its file format. something might have gone wrong while formatting to FAT

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
jan777 said:

No not normal well atleast for me is isn't, I can see Nand.bin on SD card just fine, Vista by the way

Nueb35 said:
QUOTE(jan777 @ May 14 2009, 07:17 AM)

insert the sd card into your pc, and check its file format. something might have gone wrong while formatting to FAT

i dont really know what happend but i tried to restore the nand and it worked perfectly, so i assume the wii can read it but when i put it in my computer it tells me to format the card

its a microsd btw, and im using the microsd reader in the r4 package

i dont really mind though but i'd want to backup my nand to the pc

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
SpAM_CAN said:
YIPEEEEEEEEE!

Posts merged

@Jan that happened to meh too. Just format it again I guess.

Lol, i guess that what i should do

but it be nice to backup the nand on my pc too

caribpapi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang i might be the first bootmii screw up.

i had 3.2u and updated to 4.0u. then i patched my ios' with wiiscu, installed preloader 0.29 then installed bootmii, then the latest homebrew channel.

i couldnt see the option to to load bootmii from the hbc, so i tried installing bootmii again, but my screen froze saying deleting block 3. i left it for 20 minutes and it didnt move, so then i restarted, tried loading the bootmii installer again and this shows up under the test results:

"bootmii: can NOT be installed
boot2 could not be assembled (-1030000004)

anyone know what i could do?
frown.gif

Nueb35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caribpapi said:
dang i might be the first bootmii screw up.

i had 3.2u and updated to 4.0u. then i patched my ios' with wiiscu, installed preloader 0.29 then installed bootmii, then the latest homebrew channel.

i couldnt see the option to to load bootmii from the hbc, so i tried installing bootmii again, but my screen froze saying deleting block 3. i left it for 20 minutes and it didnt move, so then i restarted, tried loading the bootmii installer again and this shows up under the test results:

"bootmii: can NOT be installed
boot2 could not be assembled (-1030000004)

anyone know what i could do?
frown.gif

sounds like your boot2 is currupt :0

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wae to install bootmii on a virgin lu65 with sm4. I load up banner bomb and the bootmii.dol it shows me the disclaimer then resets and enters nintendo mode again.

kotri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I have installed bootmii as a boot2 and as an IOS254.
When I power on my wii I come up with the bootmii screen. However when i press the WII Button instead of booting sysmenu it goes to bootmii Installation. Why does this happen?
Moreover, how can i access preloader now?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not? BootMii is supposed to be compatible with each sort of Wii, isn't it? Besides, his error is known to TT now. The new exploit just doesn't like LU64+ wii's with 4.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...