Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
G0dLiKe said:
carbonyle said:
Is this the rumored version that should be boot2v3 compatible ?
(I'm not talking about boot2v4)

Since I I've a boot2v2 Wii I'll not test it now

And? anything found out yet? I think I have a 2v3 too. How can I be sure which version my boot2 has?
If you want to now your boot2 version: install bootmii and run it, go to credits (it's written here)
If you have boot2v3 try to install bootmii as boot with this new hackmii installer

But I doubt TT release a boot2v3 bootmii installer without massive advertisment

(but I know TT manage to install bootmii as boot2 on boot2v3 wii, but this is private beta and don't ake me I don't have it)

svpe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
carbonyle said:
(but I know TT manage to install bootmii as boot2 on boot2v3 wii, but this is private beta and don't ake me I don't have it)

the boot2 version is _not_ related to the ability to install bootmii - it's just the boot1 version that matters. and no, we have no private beta that can be installed on the newer boot1 versions and i don't think that we ever will.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unless someone steals the keys from Nintendo. Come on somebody has to have a private team of Ninjas around here! o.O

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
svpe said:
carbonyle said:

the boot2 version is _not_ related to the ability to install bootmii - it's just the boot1 version that matters. and no, we have no private beta that can be installed on the newer boot1 versions and i don't think that we ever will.
OK thanks
wink.gif

So I'll have a small discution with the guy who tell me this (and show me a screenshot of this "bootmii"

.. I really hate fakes and this time someone got me grrrrrrr :/

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBC loads apps from USB since a few months already (since bootmii was released), which version was it? 1.0.3 or something like this.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LESS compatibility? My only issue with 0.3 is that it doesn't work with my 16GB SDHC, so if they made compatibility worse that would probably turn some people off from it.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A newer HBC aside, what's the main difference in this and public beta 2 as far as BootMii is concerned? I'm in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" boat, and can't seem to find any reason to update BootMii.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
LESS compatibility? My only issue with 0.3 is that it doesn't work with my 16GB SDHC, so if they made compatibility worse that would probably turn some people off from it.

I installed 0.4 to boot2 and proceeded to create a backup using an 8gb sdhc, but bootmii complained that there's only 300+ mb space available when there was actually 5gb still free.

0.3 never had a problem with that same sdhc, creating and restoring nand backups several times already in the past.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I have installed this new version and Bootmii, however the Wii power and reset buttons do not navigate bootmii!

Bootmii is installed as boot2 on a System 4.1E Nintendo Wii.

Should I downgrade back to v2 of Bootmii?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
raiderscrusade said:
I have installed this new version and Bootmii, however the Wii power and reset buttons do not navigate bootmii!

Bootmii is installed as boot2 on a System 4.1E Nintendo Wii.

Should I downgrade back to v2 of Bootmii?

The Wii buttons work for me, boot2v3, 4.1e...

azeazezar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I find it disturbing how many ppl have tried this. This is a test-version of beta software, and you guys are installing it to boot2. If anything goes wrong in that proces, your wii is completely bricked, you know that don't you.
On the flip side, it is team twiizer stuff and usually safe. if not, it would never have gotten near the internetz.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, they told people to try it both in the BootMii bug tracker and in the comments on HackMii. They wouldn't do that if they thought it would perma brick the Wii.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got the NAND backup anyways, and I read the comments and was told to download it, so I did.

If the team recommended it, why could it have the chance of being fatal, if it was they would have told us all in a comment.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
KiiNG said:
A newer HBC aside, what's the main difference in this and public beta 2 as far as BootMii is concerned? I'm in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" boat, and can't seem to find any reason to update BootMii.

Boot2v4 support maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay